Chapter 7

With defenses built tall, she so desperately wanted to know
Would anyone see her true self and open the door?
Or was this just another journey, simply existing no more
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aarthi pov

'And on your worst days, I can pull you in
We're an endless story that I wanna live

Knock knock

It's true; the sky is the limit with you, mm-mm'

Knock, knock, knock

Oh, I wanna take you out, show you off to my friends
I wanna love you over and over aga

(Sky is the Limit, Mark Ambor)

Knock knock Knock knock

I woke up on my bed to the sound of someone banging on my bedroom door again and again aggressively. When I am happily romancing with my henry, why do people always find a way to disturb me?

Grumbling  I got out of bed, and it better be crucial because if not, I would kill them for taking up my time with love of my life.

As soon as I opened the door, I was greeted with an intense hug from someone I knew immediately, and a smile appeared on my face. Is it Aarya and Raj? What is he doing here I thought he couldn't make it prior to the wedding due to his medical studies.

"Had a pleasant kiss with Henry?" Without opening my eyes, I heard Gayatri's voice and sensed her satirical attitude.

"I'm going to, but you people interrupted me," I murmured, pulling away from the embrace. "What time did you two get here? And Raj, did you not tell me that you would be unable to attend before the wedding?" I asked.

"I wanted to surprise you both." He shrugged as we all moved into the bedroom.

"So how are all the preparations going on? The day after tomorrow is sangeet, right? Is everything ready?" Aarya asked.

"Of course, every single thing is ready, but why not? I was the one who did all the planning."  With pride, I lifted my invisible collar. "There is nothing left except for our group practice. We ought to win in the fight, and the groom's family should lose." Gayatri rolled her eyes when she heard my resolute speech.

(The fight here is the dance battle in sangeet between the bride and grooms families.)

"Without a doubt, we are winning; if not, then who? There's probably no group over there that can perform as well as we can." Raj said. To which I nodded.

"Hello, easy there; try not to be too proud of yourself or too self-assured, and practice right. He also has his closest pals, and believe me when I say that their very presence has the power to make people lose their minds. Therefore, you had better get ready." Gayatri forewarned us.

"You aren't even married yet, but you are supporting your husband's friends." Aarya said it with a stinking eye.

"I am just giving you a heads up before you people blame me for not telling." Gayatri raised her hands in surrender.

"We are winning; nobody can defeat this Aarthi, so don't worry." I sheepishly furrowed my brows. "Let's see what those people are able to perform too."