Chapter 6

Though I can put on a brave face,
To see me through all of life's woes
Inside I'm desperate for a companion
That I've been without for so long—no one knows.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ekansh POV

Early in the morning, at 6 a.m.

"You do it."

"No, you do it. I will stand behind."

"NO, you."

"You."

"Okay, fine, let's just do rock, paper, scissors, and the loser has to press the bell first and stand in front of the door." Pranav suggested wriggling his eyebrows

We are the grown asses that are playing rock, paper, scissors to press the bell. Pranav and I are currently competing to determine who should press the bell first and face the storm. We arrived in Hyderabad thirty minutes ago, and indeed, the storm was named Gautham.

"Rock, Paper, Scissor"

And FUCK! I lost. "Yeahhh! Go ahead, Mr. Ekansh." Pranav remarked, stepping back, "Do the honors. Oh wait, let me start my recording; I don't want to miss his expressions."

Now I am irritated. "Shall I press the bell?"

"Yeah, carry on," Pranav said in his most excited tone.

I pressed the bell. It started to open Oh god, save me! I thought for myself, but there was Yama! I gave a weak smile and gave a little "hi."

(Yama is the Hindu god of death.)

My jaw hurt the following second. How come? Wait. Did he just hit me?

"Bastard," that's it. I got my clue to run.

"Arey, Gautham, listen, yaar, we just wanted to surprise you." I screamed, protecting myself from him.

"Surprise? You call this surprise?" Gautham yelled, running behind me.

"He's going to kill me, you sick bastard Pranav, so come and handle him," I yelled.

"You do indeed come here. You were with him when he made all of these plans, right? You cooperated with him rather than opposing him. You two are so dead in my hands right now." Gautham, who was sprinting behind Pranav and me, told me.

We kept running for five more minutes, covering every inch of the home.

"What's happening here?" After hearing our cries, Gautham Mum, the angel of our lives, arrived.

"Arey, When did you arrive, Ekansh, Pranav? And now, Gautham, get off where you are!" Aunty gave him the command.

With lightning speed, Pranav and I moved behind Aunty, using her as a shield.

"Ma, just move aside; both are dead in my hands today."

"Control your tongue, Gautham. Think before you speak; don't say anything unlucky." Aunty held up her palm to warn him.

"But Maa —

Aunty interrupted Gautham, saying, "Let them freshen up." They must have been exhausted from the travel because they had just arrived." And said, turning to face us, "You both go to your usual room, quickly freshen up, and come for breakfast. There are no excuses allowed." With a raised eyebrow, she said so.

Pranav and I said, "Yes, miss," and we hurried to our room before Gautham could catch us. (P.S. : Since they were close friends, they shared Gautham's room exclusively, but now that he's getting married, they have their own room.)

Hearing the door close, we turned to look around.

"You thought I was done simply because mom saved you?" Gautham smiled evilly.

"Oh boyy!" Pranav, let it out.

The next fifteen minutes were spent exploring every inch of the room in the escape run.

"Gautham, please stop na yaar; we are tired now. Just excuse us this time." I spoke, making him stop.

With a nod of approval, Gautham laid down on the room's couch, and now all of us are laying there panting.

Imagine that its them; ignore the fourth one in the picture

"Why are you acting like your wedding was called off? All we wanted to do was surprise you." I said, turning to his side.

"Do you have any idea how I felt yesterday?" Gautham got up from the bed and began to speak.

"I met Gayatri seven days later. One monkey is enough to irritate me; on top of that, you played a prank on me. Do you even know how hurt I was to hear from my closest friends that their two-lakh rupee (per month) job prevented them from attending my wedding?" Gautham kept barking.

"Oye, hello, don't speak ill of our money or job. For you, it might be mere, but not for us, okay?" I raised my brow.

"By monkey, what do you mean? Donkey, the one who addressed you by name? over the phone earlier that day?" Pranav said.

Gautham scowled. I gagged my lips with my palm to keep from laughing.

"She is Gayatri's best friend, Aarthi, as well as my rival." Gautham moved to speak as he approached the room's entrance. "Get up and go quickly; we have a lot of work and shopping to do."

"Aarthi," I thought and mumbled with a smile.

The story is short. I know, sorry 🙂. I apologize for any errors in grammar. Please let me know if I am writing long paragraphs or pointless details when they are not needed. Our leads will eventually cross paths very soon.

None of the images are mine; I gathered them from Pinterest. The owner is credited.

Do vote and comment. Let me know how it is, please. It means a lot.

Until next time!✨✨

💕💕