Chapter 3

Ekansh POV

I awoke from my slumber with a groan at hearing the door slam. When I opened my room's door, I opened my eyes. Pranav was there, fully clothed in formal attire. I suppose it's time for work.

"Ekansh fucking Daggubati, are you even aware of the time? On top of that, how many fucking times have we messaged and contacted you? Where have you kept your phone?" Pranav barked as he entered my room, so I went in to look through my phone.

"How much more time do you plan to make the clients wait?" He said, That's when I realized the time. 'FUCK, you are screwed up, Ekansh,' I mumbled.

With a scowl, Pranav responded, "No, you are fucked up, Ekansh." I rolled my eyes as I hurried to the toilet.

We sat in the car with my laptop and headed to our office in less than five minutes. "What excuse did you tell for me?" I queried Pranav in order for me to prepare an explanation beforehand.

"That you fell unconscious on the road and somebody admitted you to the hospital," he continued, giving me a nasty look. "How could you tell a white lie in an instant?" I asked him, amused.

"So, you're asking me to let the clients know that our team lead is currently snoozing and hasn't woken up yet? Plus, they're not picking up any of our calls or messages."

"I'm truly sorry; I promise that this will never happen again," I stated, getting out of the car once we reached the office. And we rushed to the elevator.

"I told the same lie to the rest of the team, but let's keep it confidential, okay?" He spoke sternly. I nodded, and we quickly made our way to the meeting room.

Stepping into the meeting room, I found my team and project manager diligently interacting with the clients, seemingly to occupy them momentarily until I joined them. Saying sorry, I moved to the middle of the table in order to give my presentation. Everyone took a seat, and I nervously smiled as I apologized and began my presentation.

I confidently finished my presentation after thirty minutes. However, I didn't feel well when I saw the client's expression because they were emotionless. Although the presentation my team and I prepared was excellent, it is definitely not acceptable for me to be late.

I glanced at Pranav, who appeared equally anxious as I, yet he conveyed reassurance through his gaze. If this presentation doesn't go well, I'll have to forget about my promotion and my best friend's wedding, and he'll definitely kill me without any second thoughts.

--------------------------------------------

Aarthi POV

I was dancing with him in the rain with a romantic song playing in the background It feels just right to have him and me together

You're just the one that i've been waiting for
I'll give you all that i have to give and more
But don't let me fall
Don't let me fall

BANG BANG!! BANG BANG!!

Underneath the moon
Underneath the stars
Here's a little heart
For you

Again, BANG BANG!! BANG BANG!!

(Don't Let Me Fall by Lenka)

Who the heck is banging on the doors like someone is dying while I'm having a moment with him? Out of nowhere, I got splashed with cold water. Oh my goodness, it felt like a tsunami! Someone, please come to my rescue. I am the one who is dying. OHH!! GOODDD!!. I'm still a virgin who hasn't even had her first kiss.

Thank heavens, I'm still snug in bed, far away from any tsunami. But wait, how on earth did I end up getting splashed? I quickly scanned the room, searching for the mischievous culprit.

And there she was; my gayatri was standing there, all decked out in traditional garb. Is this the actual world, or am I still dreaming? Gayatri? and the traditionals?

"Idiot is this way to wake up someone like me, especially the head of this marriage. Look at what you've done now; you've made the bed all wet! Auntie is going to be furious with you." I commented as I wiped the water off my face.

"Oh indeed, does the esteemed 'Head of the Marriage' recall our scheduled visit to the temple followed by shopping along with the groom's family? Furthermore, my mom would rather not be furious than kill you. Is there any knowledge of the current time?" she spat. "Enough with the Henry Cavill dreams; get ready or I'll yank you out of bed."

"Oh shit!, Give me a moment. I will be quick. Wait outside for me. And how did you enter, by the way? I recall shutting the door." I replied, gathering my towel from my bag. So the reason for her traditional attire is shopping with her in-laws, I thought to myself and smiled.

"I have an extra key; remember, this is my house." She shrugged, and I rolled my eyes.

So yeah, yesterday, early in the morning, I reached Hyderabad, and guess what? I slept for exactly zero hours. I don't know why the hell I can't sleep during journeys, and without showing any concern, this bride gave me endless work, and at two in the morning, I was finally able to sleep.

When I was finally ready, we got in the car and headed to the shopping mall. Commonly, we don't want the bride to make a bad impression on her in-laws just before the wedding.

"Finally, we reached." I cheered. I still feel her glare at me as we step out of the car. "Oh common, stop glaring at me. See, we have reached just in time, not late at all, and also, your in-laws are very cool. Why are you stressed this much?" I asked as I interlinked our arms.

"Because she doesn't want to spend much time with a person like you." A voice from behind me whispered in my ear. I know this voice, but it's impossible for him to be here.

I looked behind me and shouted, "YOU?"

-------------------------------------

I apologize for any errors in grammar.

Do vote and comment. Let me know how it is, please. It means a lot.

Until next time!✨✨

💕💕