18. Trigger warning

Beginne am Anfang

" You don't have to be tensed or force a smile ". He stated .

I only nodded in response.

He continued." Lunch is by 1pm . Incase I forget , you can go out ".

"Okay ". I replied and hurried back to my desk .

              My heart almost jumped out of my chest when I heard a ringing sound . I looked around trying to trace where the sound was coming from but couldn't find it . I turned my head to his direction and saw him pointing at his table .

I looked down at my own table and saw a small round platform with a tiny mic on it . There was a red light blinking rapidly. I turned back to look at him and saw him tapping the round platform.

I looked down at mine and realized there was a button . While keeping my eyes on him I pressed the button and his voice rang through

  ."Took you long enough  ". He chuckled.

I rolled my eyes feeling a bit embarrassed. Melissa didn't tell me there was an intercom on my desk . " I didn't know technology had advanced this much ". I replied.

"Have you been living under a rock,Mrs Rhodes ?". His hands were now on his chin still staring at me .

I looked away ." I have been living under a roof ,sir ".

"Stop with the sir,it makes me feel old ". He pouted .

Why was he trying to be friendly?

" Okay ....Mr Torres." .

He smiled ." Do not turn off the intercom till you're done for the day  ".

I nodded."Yes sir ......I mean Mr Torres"

  " Bring me file 437B". He ordered.

I blinked .

I instinctively looked around ." From where?"

He sighed ." Look behind you ".

And I did . I didn't notice the shelf behind me till now . Getting up from my seat ,I hurried over to the stack of shelves and searched for file 437B. It was easy to find because it was arranged alphabetically. I went over and handed him the file .

And that was how I went back and forth handing him and returning different files till he left the office to receive a phone call.
       I was busy sorting out his mails when he walked up to my desk .

I looked up ."is there anything you want , sir?".

He shoved his hands into his pocket." It's lunch time ".

My eyes fell on the clock and I mouthed an 'oh'. I wasn't actually feeling hungry and besides I still had a routine to follow. "Oh,umm...I'll just stay here ".

" Nope ,let's have lunch together". He said .

I blinked at him. " I don't think that's quite appropriate ".

He raised a brow . " Are you worried people would talk ?"

"Off course people would talk but I personally think it's inappropriate?". I responded.

"Well, it's an order! ".  And then he walked out .

I shouldn't disobey my boss right? And besides it was free food . I thought he was acting nice ,too nice for a boss .