Chapter 72 - Magician

"────"

On the battlefield developing over the skies of the peaceful residential area, Tobiichi Origami reached her hand out to catch the girl who had collapsed after using up all of her strength.

It was a beautiful girl wearing a custom CR-Unit made by DEM Industries. Her brilliant blond hair glistened underneath the sunshine.

Artemisia Bell Ashcroft. A DEM Wizard with the call sign number of Adeptus 2 and also an opponent who had clashed blades with Origami just a moment ago.

"Ku......"

The moment her arm felt the additional weight, Origami semi-reflexively winched her eyebrows in pain.

But that came as no surprise. After all, the pure white CR-Unit and limited Astral Dress covering Origami's body had been cut apart from a diagonal slash across her shoulder. From there, a tremendous amount of blood was overflowing.

"Fu..." Origami exhaled lightly as she manipulated the voluntary surrounding herself. While applying hemostasis and anesthesia, she supported Artemisia's body through an invisible force.

Immediately afterwards she heard a loud voice coming from the front.

"Like I said, don't force yourself. Even if the pain can be ignored, it doesn't mean that the wound has healed."

"That's right! It has to be treated properly......"

With the standard Self Defense Ground Force equipment, the former captain of the AST, Kusakabe Ryouko, and her subordinate Okamine Mikie stared at Origami's wound with a worried look.

"......It's okay. I'm used to this level of injury."

"Idiot. 'I can bear it' and 'it is okay' can be two completely different things. Come, give her to me. Although it is possible to support her body with that field, doing so will also strain your concentration efforts even further."

While saying that, Ryouko expanded her own voluntary territory to help support Artemisia's body.

Thanks to this, the burden placed on Origami's brain felt a little reduced, allowing for somewhat easier area maintenance of the territory. Once again, Origami breathed out a sigh of relief.

The voluntary area territory generated by the realizer manifestation is literally "a space that the user desires". Yet in spite of this, it was by no means omnipotent. If the load on the field was too much, the user's brain would be inflicted with a corresponding amount of damage.

"Anyway......" Ryouko let out a small sigh as she watched Artemisia become enveloped in the invisible area.

"Although it was a one-against-many fight, I really didn't expect to beat that Artemisia Ashcraft......what kind of magic did you use?"

As the former top ace of the SSS, Artemisia was known to all Wizards. It wouldn't be difficult to imagine that her strength was on par with Ellen Mathers in the ranking of most powerful Wizards among humanity. To be able to defeat her, no wonder Ryouko was so surprised.

That being said, what Ryouko just retorted was not completely accurate. Origami slightly shook her head.

"The person who landed the decisive blow was not me."

"Eh? Then......"

As Origami moved her head in a small retort, a voice was heard coming from the distance.

"Origami-san, are you okay......!?"

"Mun, tis appeared to be successful."

A gentle girl riding a giant rabbit puppet and a long-haired girl holding a key-shaped staff glided through the sky as they turned to Origami.