Chapter 41 - True Killer

The feeling was weird. Lucas couldn't even describe where he was at the moment. He couldn't describe it, but he knew exactly what this was. Lucas and Kurumi were traveling through her shadow. Everything was dark, and pitch black. Only hundreds of Kurumi clones in sight, all of them smiling and watching them as they pass.

"We're here." The original Kurumi said, pointing towards a specific direction
Right then- a bright light shone through a hole on what looked to be the "roof" of the endless darkness. They slipped through that hole, and the feeling of gravity returned to Lucas' body.

They found themselves on the rooftop of a tall building in the city. On the rooftop was a girl with the same face as Kurumi- her clone. She was lying on the ground groaning in pain. Over on the other side of where Lucas and the real Kurumi stood was a girl wearing pure white clothes. The reason why her appearance could be seen clearly even though it was in the night was because the clothes were glowing. Astral Dress. What she was wearing was definitely the same type of clothes as the ones Kurumi was wearing.

"What do you want. Tobiichi Origami. If you seek to fight, I'll gladly give you that."

"-----I didn't come here with that intention." Origami said, but Lucas still looked at her with suspicion.

Is it okay to believe those words? If Origami really had the intentions to fight Kurumi, she would have just killed her.

"You think I'd believe that after you almost killed her and the others?"

".............."

At that moment, Origami twitched her eyebrows for the first time. But even so, Origami did not even try to attack them.
They had completely no clues on what Origami's intentions were.

"Then what exactly do you want?"

After Lucas asked, Origami made a serious expression and tilted her head forward.

"I want to ask one question."

""A question...?"" Kurumi and Lucas said in sync. They glanced at each other for a moment, and nodded.

"Depending on the contents, we may or may not answer." Lucas said.

"That Angel, Zafkiel, is an Angel that can control time. And each of the 12 bullets has different powers in them."

".................." Kurumi silently stroke her chin.

What Origami said was roughly correct..........But, it was not enough to make Kurumi alert. She doesn't remember giving a detailed explanation, but Origami has seen Kurumi's Angel Zafkiel before.

However. Both Kurumi and Lucas brought their eyebrows closer in reflex when they heard Origami's next words.

"-----Is there a bullet that can send its target to the past within those 12?"

Nonetheless, for a smart girl like her, it was probably easy to analogize the remaining abilities from the abilities she saw from Zafkiel. The power to control time------which means, it was only natural to think of time traveling.

"...........So what if it there is such a thing?" Kurumi replied back while making a suspicious face. Origami might have taken the answer as a yes and continued talking.

"----Tokisaki Kurumi. I want to borrow your power."

""...........huh?""

Kurumi and Lucas' eyes widened in surprise when they heard the unexpected words coming from Origami.

"What did you just say?"

"I said I want to borrow your power----The power of your angel."

"Are you saying I should use Yud Bet for you?"