Chapter 38 - Efreet

Ding dong!

The bell of the Itsuka Household rang, at a time where visitors are not expected at all. It was currently a Saturday, weekend after Natsumi was sealed, at seven o'clock in the morning.

"Coming!" A small and high-pitched voice echoed through the hallway of the house. A moment later, the door swung open. "Lucas?" The person who opened the door was a little girl. She had red hair tied into two pigtails with black ribbons. Although she seemed like any ordinary middle-schooler, this girl was the Commander of the airship owned by Ratatoskr. Itsuka Kotori, the little sister of Itsuka Shidou. "What are you doing here so early in the morning? And also- didn't you say you have a business trip?" Kotori stared at him with narrowed eyes.

Yes. Lucas was asked to come over to the United States again for a large project and his supervision.

"Yeah, but before that- I have something to discuss with you, Kotori."

"Discuss..?"

After stepping in and removing his shoes, they went to the living room to sit down on the dining table. Kotori, as always, unwrapped a chupa chups and put in inside her mouth, before saying something again. "So, what do you want to discuss?"
She spoke in a manner which didn't suit a middle-schooler.

"It's about a few days ago, when the satellite's were dropped on Tenguu."

"...?" Kotori's eyes grew more dubious when Lucas said that. "Is it about your new appearance? Sorry, but we don't know-"

"It's not about me. It's about Fraxinus."

"..."

"When the second satellite dropped, you used Mistilteinn to destroy it," Lucas said, and Kotori nodded. "But it wasn't just Mistilteinn, was it?"

"...What do you mean by that?"

"Don't underestimate my detection ability. I clearly sensed Reiryoku in that blast."

"And? You were the one who invented the function to feed Reiryoku into Mistilteinn."

"That is true. However," Lucas narrowed his eyes and stared deep into Kotori's eyes. "Why was there the Reiryoku of the Spirit of Flames?"

"....!" Kotori's eyes grew wide.

"The only Spirit of Flames in your access is Yamauchi Sawa."

"..." Kotori gulped hard.

"Let me ask you something. Who was it, that you took the Reiryoku of? The Spirit of Flames has yet to be found and sealed. Or perhaps you-"

"We didn't use Sawa, you freak!" Kotori shouted, and cut Lucas off.

"Then, who was it?"

"T-that's...." Kotori couldn't answer Lucas' question. However, it seemed like she knew about who's Reiryoku it was. Her brain tried to come up with an answer, but there was simply no escape of Lucas' questions. The only solution was to tell him the secret she has kept from Lucas, Shidou, and everyone else (Except her crew).

"U-uwaahhhhhhhh?!"
At that moment, before Lucas pressured her to answer, a cry could be heard from upstairs, followed by a slam.

"...?" Lucas stood up from the chair, and slowly walked up the stairs to Shidou's room. Kotori followed him, curious as to what happened too.

Lucas placed his hand on the doorknob, and swung the door open. In the room was of course Shidou, but also a women seeming to be in her twenties, who was half-naked in her underwear. That women had long, dark green hair and emerald eyes that matched the same color. It was Natsumi.