Chapter 42 - Tobiichi

"Eh...........?"

Having seen the sky from the hospital window, Lucas opened his eyes wide at the sudden event. The full moon floating in the sky had a crack in it.
Of course, it's impossible for the moon to really split in half. He immediately noticed a shadow appearing in front of the bright moon.

But-----He had no clue what it is. It's not a cloud, a sort of bird nor was it an airplane. The space was having cracks and that made it look like the moon was nicely getting cut up.

"What, is there something wrong?"

Kotori's dubious voice could be heard from the phone receiver. But, Lucas could not reply back.
Next, those cracks eroded the moon and covered the light as if it ate the moon.

No------Lucas noticed something there.

".......What is this.....?"

It was not only the moon. The already night sky got covered by those cracks of darkness.

He could finally understand when he focused his eyes. Under the dark sky, an even darker darkness was being formed like a spider's nest.

He could not see how big the radius of it was. From what all of what he could see, the sky was being encroached by darkness. Maybe a city, or a state, or maybe the whole of Kantou region, or maybe-----

It was spreading wider and wider until it made him think that.
A different color than the night sky was spreading in the sky.

---That instant.

The darkness formed in the sky vibrated like a living-thing and at the same time, the hospital Shidou and the girls were in was shaking violently.

"Wha......!?"

"Guh-----!"

"E-earthquake.....!?"

"Kyaa!"

Everyone panicked; some clung onto the curtain and some even hid under the bed. But.........Lucas' senses picked up something. This was not an earthquake.

Immediately when he realized that, an unnatural phenomenon attacked the hospital Lucas, Shidou and the girls were in. Condensed darkness poured down from the sky like a black beam and pierced through the ceiling, and floors before going through the next floor.

And a few moments later, the beam hit the ground and caused a stronger shake compared to the previous attack on the group's hospital room.

"Wha....! Wha-what is this!?"

For a moment, he thought DEM's Wizards appeared above them and attacked the group but-----he was wrong.

When he looked out the window, torrents of black beams that attacked the group just now were pouring down from the sky to destroy the city.

"Wha-----"

He was lost for words when he saw that scene.

Several black beams were being pulled to the ground from the sky. Those beams easily pierced through the buildings lined up and destroyed them all instantaneously. Trees were mowed down, vehicles exploded, and roads were being crushed. The quiet city got destroyed in an instant and turned into a chaotic scene from hell.

"What's going on, Lucas?!" Kurumi asked in panic.

Just as Kurumi asked, Lucas picked up the massive signal that has been shaving his skin clean.

"A Spirit...?!"

"--?!"

"No. It's not just a Spirit....it's inversed!"