Chapter 39 - Goetia

".......u-uh......" After releasing a soft moan, Shidou gradually opened his eyes. "Where.....am I....."
His view was hazy. Shidou tried raising his right hand to rub his eyes and- he raised his eyebrows.

His right hand wouldn't move. No......more specifically, he could not bring his arms forward as if both his wrists were connected behind him.

After ten seconds. Right in the middle of his consciousness that was gradually getting clearer, Shidou noticed his hands were handcuffed behind him and he was sitting on a chair. What's more in a polite manner, he was fastened to the chair with a rope around the torso, and incidentally, the legs of the chair were fixed into the ground. It was a persistent handiwork that gave him the impression that they did not want to let Shidou out no matter what happens.

"What the heck is this........."

Luckily, he was not blindfolded or gagged. After Shidou grumbled, he slowly turned his head and looked around the place that he was in.

It was the corner of a dark, abandoned building. There were cracks on the wall and a part of the ceiling was damaged, exposing the steel frame. It was giving off an aura that this place was away from human hands for a very long time.
Just why was he captured in a place like this? Shidou twisted his head at that basic question- and immediately, he recalled the events that occurred before he fainted.

"Oh yeah, I was chasing after Origami........"

Just when Shidou said that, the door in front of him opened with a *giii* sound.
When he looked over there as he got attracted by the sound, he noticed Origami carrying a huge Boston bag and was standing there.

"Origami! What are you doing-" Shidou started before gasping.

"Don't tell me you really joined DEM.....!?"

".........."
After Origami approached Shidou silently, she put the Boston bag on the floor and started looking inside of it.
"Wh-what are you.......!"
He had no clue what she was going to bring out but, if Origami has really involved herself with the DEM then, Shidou will probably be in some kind of trouble. A gun, knife, or maybe truth serum...........various ideas flew into Shidou's mind instantly.
But,

"-here."

"Heh.....?"
In response to Shidou's predictions, the object Origami brought out was a PET bottle filled with mineral water.
"Wha-what's this"

"Water. You're thirsty right?"

Within this extremely weird situation, Origami asked him in an extremely normal manner. Shidou raised his eyebrows in reflex from that odd feeling.
It's true that his lips were dry but, he was hesitant to simply drink something given to him by the person that kidnapped him. He sent a suspicious gaze to Origami who was handing him water.
Maybe Origami noticed Shidou's feelings, she opened the PET bottle and *Gulp*, took a sip and drank the water inside the bottle to show him..........it seems she was telling him that there was no poison or anything similar inside.

"..............."

".............eh?"

No. He was wrong. Origami drank the water without swallowing and brought her lips closer to Shidou's lips like that.
Yes. It was like............she was going to transfer the water to his mouth.

"S-Stop! I get it! I'll take it! I'll take it so let me drink it normally!"

"I see."

After hearing Shidou's words, Origami swallowed the water and said that with a slightly disappointed expression. She then handed over the opened PET bottle to him.