Chapter 63 - Nibelcol

"......Tobiichi Origami, former member of the AST, ranked Master Sergeant at the time, Wizard level B+; resigned due to personal circumstances a few months ago."

Within the walls of a room inside DEM Industries' Japan Branch, Artemisia Ashcroft read aloud a document pixelated on the screen, her hand fumbling with her chin.

The strands of her glimmering golden hair seemed to absorb every trace of burnished sunlight, complementing her ultramarine pupils in an effigy of the summer ocean. By and large shaping a demure smile, her face was currently marred with sporadic hints of daze and skepticism.

"There's no doubt about it. That's definitely her." Artemisia plied the control panel for further details regarding the dossier.

Height, body weight, and Realizer unit training level to name a few, were among the scores of assorted data which lit up the monitor.

What she now accessed and connected to was the DEM-owned state database available to Wizards in each and every associated country.

The Wizards of today were individuals of not incantations or rituals, but plain utilization of Realizers, allowing them to spread out their Territories.

In consequence, there was a need to surgically insert a tiny electronic chip into their brains -to carry that out in discreteness and discretion was in the first place unfeasible.

That is to say, all information concerning Wizards who used the Realizers manufactured by DEM was inevitably recorded inside.

About a month ago, when Artemisia had attempted to launch an assault against the Spirits convened in outer space, another Wizard arrived on stage. After she conducted an enquiry as a provision against all contingencies, the visual display unit revealed any intelligence queried from the database relevant to that girl.

"Hm......"

Artemisia nevertheless pouted, somewhat fed up.

Conforming to her expectations, the fact that the archive contained such knowledge was more than tolerable, notwithstanding that only rudimentary particulars were chronicled- none which she sought.

"What are you doing, Artemisia?"

Someone propped themselves against the back of her chair then. A voice resounded from behind her.

With a glimpse, unbeknown to Artemisia, there stood a lady. She bore hair of a colour paler than that of the young blonde's and eyes of one darker than hers. If Artemisia were the sun, then she was a lady with illusory features like that of the moon.

Regardless, the exterior spoke not of the heart, for Artemisia lacked the arrogance to name herself after the sun in front of her.

Ellen Mira Mathers, DEM Industries' second in command, renowned by all and sundry as humanity's strongest Wizard.

"Ah, Ellen. I've a matter to look into."

Responded to with such ambiguity, Ellen leant forwards to some degree, scanning what lay next to Artemisia's hand.

"Tobiichi Origami's data, eh...... What's up with her?"

"You're acquainted?"

"Un, quite."

Ellen straitened her eyes a little. This was no reaction to write volumes about, but for some reason, she seemed to cling onto vestiges of abhorrence.

"Anything wrong? Between you and that girl."

"No, not in particular."

Ellen averted her gaze-ironclad evidence of her disinclination to expatiate on any further. Artemisia capitulated and returned to their initial topic.