26 | Plans and Frustrations

* * *

* * *

Azrael flung himself onto his bed as he rubbed his eyes frantically. He was so frustrated that he didn't even know where to begin and he was even more pissed now that his room was in a state of disarray thanks to his fuse short-circuiting. All the built up anticipation only for the grand finale to never come was a complete and utter disappointment.

What a tease.

He had been so close to murdering Medusa yet she'd managed to slip right through his fingers at the last possible second. Her warm blood had been on his hands, but he'd been refused the satisfaction of finally snuffing out her pathetic life thanks to the kind hearted nature of his darling.

The urge to kill was weighing heavily on him, plaguing his body, and he knew if he didn't get it all out of his system now, he'd lose his self control. Suddenly, his body shuddered. The shivers and aches were beginning and he needed a release now more than ever. He breathed heavily as he tried to get himself together and ease his racing emotions. It was all messing with his head and he couldn't have his darling to help him with his little problem.

Azrael sat up quickly as he tried to formulate a plan; however all he could focus on was his own blood lust. If only he hadn't been stopped all of this ridiculousness could be behind them, but no. He continued to spoil Obsidian and allow her to have her way.

"FUCK!" he hurled the bedside table across the room in anger and it banged into the wall before clattering onto the floor in pieces. Azrael couldn't get a handle on his raging emotions and frankly, was no longer trying to.

A light knocking on his door made him look at it with the wildest of eyes. Who on earth would think now was an appropriate time to bother him?

"Iris, I swear, if that's you, so help me—"

Immediately, footsteps padded away and Azrael rolled his eyes. She was so predictable which was ironic given her abilities. For some reason, she liked to stay glued to his side and follow him around like a lost puppy to which he found very irritating. Her intrusiveness was always masked by smiles and kind words, however Azrael always kept her at an arm's reach. The only woman he needed by his side was his Obsidian and right now, she wasn't in the mood for anyone.

He hoped that she would do the right thing in the end. The killer instinct still lived inside of her, she just had to reignite that spark.

Azrael tenderly touched his bloody hand as he found himself lost in thought. It had been quite a difficult time for him adjusting to all the changes that had occurred in his absence. In a way, he felt out of place and as if he didn't belong. The Commandments weren't his friends. Dalmaroz, Tozgal, and Tala weren't his friends. Obsidian had moved on...It was all a sore spot for him.

Maybe he could be rid of the dreadful human.

No, she'll hate me forever.

Azrael clicked his tongue as he sat pondering how to release his pent up aggression. Zeldris nor the odd human who hung around were viable options. Not yet at least, so that narrowed down his options significantly.