6 | Snakes

~Pic is of Helia ~

~Pic is of Helia ~

* * *

Azrael sunk into the cushioned chair with bated breath as he awaited news. He had been patiently waiting for hours now, and was starting to wonder if his little messenger had failed at the mission it had been assigned. With a sigh, Azrael swirled his glass of ale then took a large gulp as he drank the entirety of it and reached to refill.

Though his patience was wearing thin, he tried to stay on the bright side of things. He had faith his little companion wouldn't fail him. The mission was simple: gather intel and report back in a timely manner. Time was almost up and he sat in silence for his companion's return.

Azrael could sense the eyes watching him and he turned his head slightly to stare right back at Guila who was more than upset to be forced into accompanying the demon. She held a harsh glare, still unable to accept Slader's foolish decision of siding with such a dangerous enemy.

"Go on. Speak your mind." Azrael waved a hand for her to speak. "The floor is entirely yours."

Guila's lip quivered and she dug her tooth into her lip to keep quiet. Anything she said that upset him would make him retaliate.

"Fine, don't. However, if you're simply going to stand there gawking, I'd suggest you go make yourself useful."

From outside the small window of the cottage came a knock and he urged the knight, Slader, to open it for the small winged blue demon that shared many similarities to a bat. As the creature flew in, it was surprised to see the two humans with him.

"Sir Azrael!" It eagerly flew to him and hovered a few feet in front of him. "You have been dearly missed." It closed its eyes and bowed its head.

"You two wait outside," Azrael instructed.

When Guila was about to object, Slader shook his head and silently begged her to not make a fuss. Stubbornly, she followed him out the door. The winged demon watched her go, unable to believe Sir Azrael would keep filthy humans in his presence.

"What's with them?" The little demon questioned.

"Merely insight into this human world. Nothing to worry about. When they've outlived their usefulness, I'll dispose of them."

"That's the Sir Azrael I know!" The creature breathed a sigh of relief.

"I see much has changed in my absence," Azrael said flatly.

"The humans in today's age are vastly different from the ones from 3,000 years ago. They've much more heart and will to fight."