Chapter 48 ~ The Rematch

As they reached the clearing, Polnareff carefully positioned his wheelchair, his gaze focused on the figure standing across from them, he pulls down his hood, his green hair flowing over his shoulders; Their opponent was Aoi. With a determined look, Josephine stood close beside Polnareff as he set aside his laptop, ready to face their opponent head-on.

Aoi's gaze shifted between them, a smirk playing on his lips as he recalled their previous encounter. "Well, well, look who decided to come back for more," he taunted, his voice laced with a hint of malice. "I must admit, I didn't expect to see you again after our last little tussle."

Josephine's jaw clenched at the reminder of their past encounter, her fists tightening at her sides. She met Aoi's gaze with a steely resolve. "I'm not the same person I was back then, I'm stronger now." she declared fiercely.

Aoi's smirk widened as he looked towards Polnareff, who had summoned Silver Chariot beside him. "Ah, so you brought your crippled friend along," he remarked, his tone dripping with disdain. "But tell me, Josephine, just how much did your precious Jotaro actually teach you if you still can't fight on your own..."

Josephine's gaze remained fixed on Aoi, her expression as still as stone

Josephine's gaze remained fixed on Aoi, her expression as still as stone. After a moment of contemplation, she turned towards her friend. "Stand down, Polnareff," she said firmly, her tone brooking no argument. "This is my fight."

Polnareff's expression tightened with resistance, his brows furrowing as he struggled with Josephine's command. "But Josephine," he began, his voice tinged with concern, "you can't take him on alone. What if—"

"I said stand down," Josephine interrupts, her tone unwavering as she meets his gaze with determination. "I can handle this."

Polnareff's features softened with understanding, but there's still a hint of reluctance in his expression. "You're not alone in this, Josephine," he insisted gently, "It's good to be brave, but it's better to be wise."

Josephine nodded gratefully at Polnareff's words, a small smile playing on her lips. "Thank you, Polnareff," she said softly, her gaze conveying her appreciation. "But this is something I have to do on my own."

With a final nod of understanding, Polnareff reluctantly complied, wheeling back slightly to give Josephine the space she needed. Though his worry for her remained, he trusted in her strength.

As Josephine stepped further into the clearing, her stand, Shadow of the Eclipse, hovered ominously behind her, its form blending seamlessly with the encroaching shadows. The last remnants of the setting sun filtered through the dense canopy above, casting an eerie orange glow amidst the darkening shadows, adding to the tense atmosphere of the confrontation.

 The last remnants of the setting sun filtered through the dense canopy above, casting an eerie orange glow amidst the darkening shadows, adding to the tense atmosphere of the confrontation