Chapter 39 ~ Into the Lion's Den

In the dimly lit back halls of the church, Hiroshi and Giorno moved with caution, the weight of the mission pressing on their shoulders. The distant echo of Pucci's sermon provided a haunting backdrop to their search. The first rooms offered no sign of Josephine's stand disc, and as they entered an outbuilding, Hiroshi gestured for Giorno to follow him further into the labyrinthine passages.

Giorno, glancing around the room, asked, "Anything in here?"

Hiroshi shook his head, "No, let's keep moving. We need to check every possible place."

As they continued their search, Jotaro's voice crackled through their earpieces, seeking an update. Hiroshi, tense but focused, replied, "Nothing yet. We're still looking." The reminder of the passing time echoed in his mind, emphasizing the importance of their swift but thorough search.

The clock was ticking as Hiroshi and Giorno pressed on through the maze-like halls of the church, the urgency of time not lost on them. Frustration built with each room that yielded no results. As they continued, the distant voice of Pucci's sermon still resonated, a constant reminder of the perilous nature of their mission.

Then, Hiroshi abruptly stopped in front of a door, his eyes narrowing. Giorno, momentarily unaware, halted and turned back, "What is it kid?" He asked curiously.

Hiroshi, eyes were fixed on the door as he answered with an air of caution lining his voice, "This office is reserved only for the appointed Priest, so right now, it's Pucci's. It's locked though, I don't have a key."

Giorno, confident in his Stand's abilities, told Hiroshi to step aside. With a quiet command, Golden Experience Requiem manifested and as it touched the door handle, a transformation occurred. The latch morphed into a small snake, causing the door to gently push open. Hiroshi, freaked out by the transformation, stumbled backward and to prevent any unwanted movement, Giorno swiftly grabbed the snake.

Giorno, via the earpiece, updated Jotaro on their progress. "We're inside Pucci's office," he reported.

Jotaro's voice crackled through the earpieces, cutting through the tension. "Anything in there?" he inquired, his words laden with a sense of urgency.

Giorno, his focus on the task at hand, responded, "We're checking now."

The office, bathed in a dim, ambient light, revealed itself to be a compact yet meticulously organized space. Shelves lined with religious texts and documents, a polished desk with neatly arranged papers, and an imposing crucifix hanging on the wall. The air inside had a distinct smell of old wood and jasmine.

Hiroshi, recovering from his initial surprise, peered over Giorno's shoulder, scanning the room for any sign of Josephine's stand disc. As they meticulously searched through the office, the echoes of Pucci's sermon continued to drift in from the distant hall.

Minutes felt like fleeting seconds, and the urgency to find the missing piece grew more palpable. The earpiece crackled again as Jotaro pressed for updates. "Time's running out." he reminded them, his voice a steady reminder of the impending deadline.

Giorno, determined, replied, "We're doing our best."

The search intensified, every drawer opened with cautious hope, every corner examined for a hidden compartment. Hiroshi's eyes darted around, anxiety evident in his expression. They needed to find that stand disc, or their window of opportunity would close.

In a moment of mounting frustration and desperation, Hiroshi found himself grappling for a solution within the confines of the room. In an internal prayer, he directed a silent plea to the divine, seeking guidance. His forehead furrowed, and he pressed his fingertips to his temples, as if trying to extract the answer from the recesses of his mind.