Chapter 1 ~ Not a warm welcome

The dimly lit street was Josephine's only solace as she dragged her feet along the pavement, the weight of her school bag bearing down on her shoulder. Her long black hair hung loose over her shoulders, falling slightly over her face, partially obscuring her jet lagged expression. The pale skin of her face was lined with baggy, puffy eyes, evidence of her weariness from the journey. She could taste the bitter tang of exhaustion on her tongue, a stark contrast to the neon vibrancy of Tokyo that surrounded her.

Her parents had whisked her away from England with barely a moment's notice, fleeing the country to escape the clutches of justice. For Josephine, it wasn't an escape; it was an exile from all she had ever known. She glanced up at the towering buildings, feeling as out of place as a puzzle piece in the wrong box.

The shift to Japan had been sudden and jarring, leaving her in a whirlwind of unfamiliarity. The language sounded like melodic gibberish to her ears, and the sprawling cityscape felt like an intricate maze designed to trap her within its confines.

As she approached her new school, Josephine couldn't shake off the weight of apprehension settling in her chest. The whispers followed her like a haunting echo—the "new kid" label already stamped on her forehead before she had even stepped through the gates. Students glanced at her with a mix of curiosity and disdain, their gazes like probing needles that pierced her resolve.

She became an easy target for the group that thrived on preying on the vulnerable, their mocking laughter ringing in her ears as she quietly made her way through the halls, attempting to find her first class of the day. The small group of students, their smirks wicked and eyes glinting with mischief, cornered her in the hallway. "You don't belong here, English girl," sneered one of the boys, his voice laced with malice. "Go back to where you came from."

Josephine clenched her fists, the sting of humiliation burning deep within her. She wanted to lash out, to scream and push back against the unjust treatment, but a familiar sensation tugged at her consciousness. It was her Stand, her unique power that emerged in moments of intense emotion, a spectral manifestation of her inner turmoil. She didn't know what it was, fearing it herself at times like it was some kind of evil spirit that had possessed her since she was young.

Without warning, her Stand materialized, its form a shadow of swirling dark energy crackling around her. The air around Josephine grew charged with an otherworldly power, a raw manifestation of her pent-up anger and fear.

Panic surged through her veins as she struggled to control her Stand. Unintentionally, a flicker of energy surged from her, knocking a nearby locker off its hinges and sending it crashing to the ground with a deafening clang.

The students staggered backward in shock, their taunts silenced momentarily by the display of uncontrolled and invisible power. 

Amidst the chaos, a voice cut through the tense atmosphere. "That's enough!"

The students turned, their expressions shifting from glee to bewilderment as they saw a man standing at the end of the hallway, his presence commanding attention. His frame was imposing, clad in a large coat adorned in colourful marks and writing. It was Jotaro Kujo, a figure of enigmatic presence that whispered tales of mystery and strength.

 It was Jotaro Kujo, a figure of enigmatic presence that whispered tales of mystery and strength

With a swift motion, Jotaro stepped forward, his aura radiating an unmistakable authority. "Back off." he ordered, his voice firm and unwavering.

The students hesitated, eyeing them both warily before begrudgingly dispersing into the crowd. Josephine's heart raced, torn between relief and uncertainty at this sudden intervention.

Jotaro approached her cautiously, his gaze assessing her. "You're a Stand user," he remarked, his tone matter-of-fact.

Josephine's throat was dry as she struggled to find her voice. "I... I'm sorry. I didn't mean to cause trouble."

He studied her for a moment, his expression inscrutable. "You need to learn control," he stated bluntly, his words carrying a weight of experience. "Unleashing your Stand without restraint will only bring you more trouble."

Desperation bubbled within Josephine. Here was someone who understood, someone who might be able to help her navigate this unpredictable power. "Please," she implored, her voice tinged with desperation. "You know what this thing is? How do I control it?"

But Jotaro's eyes darkened, a shadow crossing his features, an expression she struggled to read flickered on his face. "I can't help you." he stated. "Move on kid, get to class."

Josephine's heart sank. The possibility of finding guidance, of learning to harness her Stand, seemed to slip away like sand through her fingers. She clenched her fists, feeling the sting of disappointment and the gnawing fear of being left to fend for herself in this unfamiliar world.

As Jotaro turned to leave, a surge of determination coursed through her veins. "Wait!" she called out, her voice quivering yet resolute. "Please, I need help, I don't know how to control this thing!"

Jotaro paused, his gaze fixed on her, eyes narrowed as though contemplating something. But before Josephine could decipher his expression, he turned away once more, disappearing into the throng of students.

Alone in the corridor, Josephine felt a swell of emotions threatening to engulf her. She was adrift in a sea of uncertainty, grappling with newfound powers and a daunting sense of isolation in a land far from home.

[Think of this as the "end credits" song for the foreseeable chapters]