Chapter 71 - Sanctuary of all Creation

Start from the beginning

Coming out from the chest, an irreducible figure completely emerged as the girl landed on the ground while stark naked.

"Ku......ah......"

As Kurumi looked up at this bizarre scene that departed from reality, she muffled out some brief words in between her panting.

"Lucas-san......run......"

However, before she could finish speaking, blood vomited out of Kurumi's mouth as she wearily laid on the ground speechless.

"......!?"

At the next moment, several Kurumi clones in the surrounding vicinity clutched their chests in pain before changing back into jet-black shadows.

"Ah---" Witnessing this scene unfold before him, Lucas was undeniably forced to understand a fact.

Death. The arrival of the demise of all life.

Death had come for Kurumi.

"..............."

As the naked girl looked down on Kurumi lying on the floor, she slowly leaned next to her to gently close Kurumi's eyelids. The facial expression that was distorted by agony transformed into a serene state.

"Gua---" Then, in a blink second, his body was thrown away from the scene at rapid speed.

"What......" Shidou could not understand the meaning behind this.

For someone who had just killed her, the girl's actions displayed a hint of respect and affection towards Kurumi.

No──to be precise, that was not the only thing that Shidou could not comprehend. Who the hell is she? Why did she crawl out of Kurumi's body? Even though they have never met before, what is this feeling of turmoil swirling around in his heart? Standing up, the girl looked as if she had seen through all of the confusion displayed on Shidou's face.

"......Long time no see. I finally get to meet you──Shin."

"Shin......?" Hearing that name, Shidou blankly leaked out his voice. Of course, that was not Shidou's name. However, Shidou was aware of the one person who had always called him by that name.

"......Fufu."

The girl smiled as if seemingly aware of his confusion. Then, the girl slowly moved towards him──her hand reaching out towards Shidou.

Despite feeling his body trembling unconsciously, he could not move. It was almost like his body was unconditionally accepting what the girl was doing.

Then, after gently caressing Shidou's head, she pressed Shidou's forehead with her own.

Then, at the very next moment──

"Huh──?"

As a tremendous amount of information flowed into his head, Shidou couldn't help but unexpectedly open his eyes.

No, if to be exact, it seemed more appropriate to say that the memories that were originally inside of himself were overflowing rather than flowing in.

"............! ......!?"

With the amount of information surging in his mind, it felt as if a dam had burst open in his head. Subsequently, he felt the pain of a sharp headache.

"Ah......ah──"

However, Shidou did not fall down to his knees. With one hand pressed against his aching head, he gazed at the girl in front of his eyes.

"M-Mio......?" Then, Shidou called out the name of the girl which he shouldn't have known.