12 - I hate him in general

Start from the beginning

*****

I didn't know what time it was, but I laid on my side after waking up to the sound of a door opening, and then heard soft, gentle footsteps.

I groaned when the mattress behind me dipped down, and I heard a soft sigh.

Sebastian just laid down, catching my arms and dragging my back against his chest, and I turned to glance at him as he wrapped his arms around me.

His hair was damp; I could feel it brushing against my forehead as he got closer to me.

We fit perfectly, actually... His arms were around me, my head tucked under his chin, and his knees fit in the crook of my own.

It was like we were perfect for each other.

Sebastian just pulled the covers over us both and sighed, relaxing into the mattress.

He wasn't mad anymore...? Why? He looked pretty irate.

After a moment of silence, he finally spoke, "I'm sorry."

I chuckled sadly. "Wow, you said that same sentence twice within the last day. Are you just continuously inflicting torture on yourself?"

"Skye."

"Seriously, when you got ready for bed, were you slicing your gums while brushing? You're brutal to yourself, man."

He held me tighter. "Skye, I mean it. I shouldn't have pushed you, I'm sorry."

I just stared down at the mattress. "It's fine. I'm sorry I'm not in the mood."

"It's not your fault," he replied. "And what did I say about apologizing?"

"Blegh, blegh. If you do it, I can do it."

He just chuckled and got closer to me. "No hard feelings, yeah?"

I was silent for a moment, and I could feel the cold swarm my heart again. "Sebastian... I'm serious. Can you handle this? You know there are other girls—"

"No," he said then, voice so sharp I almost winced, "never. Ever. Say that again."

I settled back in myself, the cold depleting.

"You are the most beautiful courageous, strong women I have ever met," he continued. "And I think our fate was poor... The one I was plotting to kill ended up to be my one true love. We have faced obstacles, Skye, and we surpassed them; we are together... forever, okay? Whatever happens, we will get pass this current dilemma, and we will grow stronger from it... that, I swear."

I frowned and relaxed into the bed. "Sebastian... we can't have sex."

"We will once we find the cure," he promised. "We will."

He sounded so assuring; I almost forgot that he was a guy.

But he was different... I remember my dad always told me, "Teenage boys have two heads and only enough blood to run to one."

Why was that so true?

But in Sebastian's case... it wasn't. And I didn't know if it was because he was an angel, or if he was raised differently, but... I liked it.

I liked that he loved me rather than my body.

He lightly lifted my shirt and started tracing circles around my stomach.

I wanted to ask what he was doing, but the act made me feel all tingly again, and I found myself drifting.

I was warm... I'd never known how warm he could make me.

It was like my whole life... I was cold.

"Your skin's so soft," he whispered, continuing the act. "Do you mind if I do this?"