9 - I promise I'm not needy

Skye

Skye

I couldn't sleep for the life of me.

After Neveah's rune ceremony, Sebastian helped me to my bedroom, and he kissed me gently before going off to his room.

I stared after him before going off to bed, and even after crawling under the covers, I couldn't sleep.

It had been hours, it felt. Why couldn't I sleep?

Maybe it was because my thoughts were focused on North and how he was suddenly so kind... it was unsettling. What was he planning?

Or maybe... it was because Sebastian and I got in that argument, and it stuck to me.

It also could've been both.

I stared at the ceiling for a moment.

I wonder if Sebastian is having trouble sleeping, I thought.

I just slipped out of bed, wincing as my bare feet stung with the cold floor, but I urged myself forward, slipping on my robe, and I silently stepped out from my room.

The hallway was deathly silent as I walked to Sebastian's room; it was two in the morning, though, so I wasn't expecting any noise.

I just kept going for a couple minutes before I made it to his bedroom, and I stepped forward, raising my hand to knock, but I paused.

The light under his door was off, and I heard no noises coming from there.

He's asleep? I thought.

I stared at the door for a moment before taking a deep breath, and I exhaled, turning the knob and entering his room.

It was dark in here... the only light was the moon casting through the open window, and it shone on the bed like a spotlight.

I quietly tiptoed to Sebastian's bed, sneaking through the darkness before i stopped at the side and stared down at him.

He was asleep, the covers drifting up and down with his soft breaths, and I couldn't help but stare.

I'd never seen him so peaceful.

Not wanting to bother him, I carefully stepped backwards, making my way to his door.

But before I touched the knob, I suddenly heard a lazy voice:

"Skye...? Did you need something...?"

I stopped and closed my eyes tightly, sighing and turning back to him. "Sorry... I didn't mean to wake you."

He just raised his arms and stretched, exhaling a yawn, and then sat up on his bed. "Can't sleep?"

I shook my head.

The moonlight reflected off his eyes, making the gold specks in his iris glow brighter.

Though, he just smiled, and I felt my cheeks light a little. "Did you need something?"

"N... no."

"Then why did you come into my room at two in the morning?" he asked me.

I pursed my lips, deciding to be slightly honest. "I wanted to see if you were awake."

"And?" he prompted.

"You weren't."

"So, you were just going to sneak out?" he inquired. "You're my girlfriend, Skye. You know you can crawl in with me when you're struggling to sleep."

"You make that sound like I'm a toddler having a nightmare," I stated in annoyance. "Plus, I didn't want to wake you."

"Well, I'm awake now," he stated, smirking. "And you're still going to sneak out? Why?"

I was silent.

He just chuckled. "You're shy, admit it."

I only glared. "You're always the one who makes the move... especially when you sneak into my bedroom at night and then sleep with me. I've never made that move, Sebastian."

"Then do it," he said, drawing the sheets back.

I stared.

"Never hurts to try," he told me, smirking.

I just held my breath.

"What's wrong?" he inquired. "Nervous?"

"No."

"Prove it," he said then, nodding to the bed.

I hesitated.

"Come on," he said, rolling his eyes. "I'm tired. Don't make me coax you."

I just sighed and stepped over to his bed, and he smiled in satisfaction as I pulled back the sheets a little more and slipped in.

He just shuffled toward me as I laid down and lightly kissed my shoulder.

I watched as he lightly pulled my arm furthest from him, and I knew what he wanted and rolled toward him, setting my head on his chest as he wrapped an arm around me.

He just brushed his hand along my back, and I shivered as I grew warm and tingly.

"Can you sleep now?" he asked me softly.

The sound of his voice buzzing through his chest made my brain grow foggy, and my lashes lowered as I nodded.

He just sighed and settled into the mattress, stilling the caresses as I closed my eyes, starting to drift.

"Good night, Skye."

"Good night..." I replied.

A/N:
Thoughts on the book so far?

A/N: Thoughts on the book so far?