3 - He's not in love with you, Skye. I am

Skye

Skye

Despite Sebastian lying behind me all night with his arms wrapped around me, I couldn't sleep for the life of me.

I'd been staring in the darkness... wondering when my life would take a turn.

Would North win? Or would I win?

Was he right? Was he able to take over Sebastian's mind and frame his thoughts?

You belong to me.

I don't belong to anyone!

I winced as the words he spoke spiraled through my mind, covering me in frost and despair.

As everything started turning, and my veins heated with fire, I realized that I needed to do something else rather than think about this.

So I lifted Sebastian's arm off me and slipped off the bed.

He only groaned and shifted further into the mattress.

But I just caught the comforter and pulled it over him, making sure he was warm enough before I caught my robe of a rack next to my bed and shrugged it on.

I then made it to my desk, lashes lowering when I flipped on the lamp.

I glanced back over at the bed to make sure he was still asleep before I pulled out my sketchbook and started drawing.

I needed to do something to take my mind off everything.

I'd been drawing for a while; I didn't really know how long, and I nearly finished before I felt hands on my shoulders.

I stiffened.

Sebastian just circled around the chair and leaned on my desk, regarding me lazily. "Can't sleep?" he said.

I shook my head, setting my pen down.

He exhaled a long yawn, settling back in himself before scooting fully onto my desk. "Then I'll stay awake with you."

"You don't have to do that," I told him gently.

"You're right," he said, smirking. "I don't have to, but I want to."

I then stared down at the desk, fiddling with my pencil.

After a moment of silence, he said, "Did he do anything?"

I gazed up in response. "Like what?"

Sebastian's expression was grim. "Did he hurt you? Kiss you? Or...."

"Rape me?" I said, almost wincing as the ugly word spread through the room.

His jaw locked at the word, but he nodded.

I shook my head then. "No, and..." I looked down, continuing to fiddle with my pencil, "I don't think he wants to."

Sebastian watched me. "What makes you say that?"

"His actions," I told him, spacing out a little. "If he wanted to rape me, he had every chance to last night, but... I think he was trying to convince me to want him. He doesn't want to just take me, but he wants me to love him. And I think he could force me to love him, but he thinks it's not enough."

"He's not in love with you, Skye," Sebastian said, voice low.

"I know," I replied, still spacing out, "it's an obsession, not love."

"If he didn't do anything..." Sebastian said, treading carefully, "what did he say?"

"His usual villain monologue crap," I said, laughing nervously. "Never new with him."

"Something's bothering you," Sebastian pointed out. "Something he said."

I closed my eyes tightly, not wanting to think about it.

How did he know me so well... and I didn't know him nearly as well?

"He told me that you and him could share me," I told Sebastian, and his face paled, but I only continued, "and I said that it was disgusting. He didn't seem fazed at my anger toward him, but I told him you would never agree to it."

"I wouldn't," Sebastian agreed.

"He said he could make you," I told him then.

He stared down at me then, looking as white as a sheet.

It wasn't normal for him... and it was scaring me a little.

"He can't," Sebastian said then, making me glance up. "He can't control me. He can manipulate me, but he physically cannot control anyone's minds other than humans."

I blinked then, feeling a weight lift off me.

I could tell he wasn't lying.

"I walked in here," I said then, looking away for a moment, "and he immediately shoved me against the wall with his... mind magic... and then I was stuck there until he left. I was helpless. He took my dagger; it was stupid of me to leave it on my desk, and I couldn't fight back! What the hell?"

"I won't ever let you out of my sight again," Sebastian promised.

I gazed up, smiling a little. "Not even to buy bread?"

Though he was still serious, eyes darker than I had ever seen them. "No."

My lips parted then, and I stared at him for a moment.

He just leaned down, pressing a kiss to the crown of my head and setting his cheek on it.

"Never again..." he whispered.

" he whispered