Chapter 72 - A painful 'I love you'

Chiori's POV

 Wriothesley says they aren't dating but Neuvillette obviously holds a different opinion.

 Or at least he believes they are very much on a date.

 As supported by his uncharacteristic request for me to get him something nice to look at if I'm forcing him to change his clothes.

 If this was just a shopping trip, he would have requested something simply comfortable.

 But I'll have enough time to figure out what's going on since I managed to rope Wriothesley into a change of clothes too.

 Heh.

 I'm gonna match them.

 That should give Wriothesley something of a hint, no?

 I will say that it was Neuvillette's idea.

 If someone wants to wear matching clothes on an outing that should count as a hint, right? It should at least count as something.

 I just really want to know why Neuvillette, someone who doesn't easily make assumptions, thinks that they are on a date while Wriothesley doesn't.

 Well, I'm already seriously proud of him for thinking of bringing someone on a date!

 Good for him!

 I will do my best to help my forever single idiot of a friend in his quest to woo Mister Handsome over here.

 Cause damn this guy definitely looks better without his shirt than with it on.

 Looks like some buff mercenary right out of a fantasy book.

 Well, at least Neuvillette has eyes for something.

 So...

 Neuvillette usually wears a long coat while Wriothesley would better suit a shorter jacket, preferably leather...

 "So, who does the coat belong to?" Wriothesley asked suddenly, interrupting my thoughts.

 Oh?

 Is that jealousy I smell in the air?

 Should I tease him a bit?

 "Someone Neuvillette is very close to." I said, hiding my laugh.

 His posture went stiff in an instant, breaking my whole line of thought about his potential outfit.

 Tsk!

 "Relax your posture, you jealous idiot." I poked between his ribs.

 "I have no reason to be jealous." He shot back.

 Yeah right.

 Continue thinking that.

 I'll just have to push him a bit I guess.

 "So yeah... Neuvillette is very close to this person. They pretty much grew up together. She loves Neuvillette a lot too. The 'hurt him and I'll kill you' kind of love. Of course, Neuvillette would do the same for her."

 I looked away pretending to look through some clothes as I watched his face go dark from the corner of my eye.

 "Loves...?"

 "Purely platonic, I assure you." I gave him a chance to breathe.

 Still, he didn't look all that relieved.

 Sigh...

 Idiot.

 "I'm talking about the one you would most likely know as the Tsaritsa." I added.