Chapter 6 - A reward

Neuvillette's POV

 On the fourth day, the letter arrived incredibly early, around eight in the morning.

 I have a feeling she asked to be brought to school early so she could send it before class.

 So, what's so exciting about this one?

 The envelope had not four stickers as I had expected, but 2, 4, 6... 20 of them. They barely fit on there without covering each other up.

 I opened it and reached for the letter only to find it taped shut, a sentence written on it in bright red.

 Look at the test first!

 ?

 Alright.

 I unfolded the test instead.

 First question: Correct

 Second question: Correct.

 Third...

 Fourth...

 Fifth...

 ...

 Twentieth question: Correct.

 "This is fascinating..."

 Had the answers not clearly been written in her writing style, I would have thought she found someone with years of experience to help her with it.

 I can't believe she got them all right in just four tries.

 ...

 Really brings shame to our new recruits.

 After reading through her answers one more time, I placed it aside with some amazement remaining.

 I then reached for her letter and carefully opened it.

 Dear pretty mister, Mr. Nuvillette.

 How about now? Did I get your name right this time?

 Putting that aside, I think I did it this time! I'm confident that all my answers are correct!

 Did I? Please tell me I did! It would be really embarrassing if I got you to read it first and had something wrong in the end!

 Ooh!

 Thank you for the candy! It's really tasty! How do you know I like strawberries? Did the nice grandmas in the cafeteria tell you?

 Can I keep the jar when it empties? It's really pretty!

 Let's leave that aside for now and get back to my reward.

 So...

 Would it be too much if I asked you to come and visit my school, mister?

 I have about two hours of free time alone today and tomorrow from two to four o'clock and I have a whole lot of questions related to that quest that I want to ask you.

 If it's too much then that's fine too.

 I'll think of something else!

 Dad is back to work again so I tend to get bored.

 Do you have any more tests? Or something interesting to read maybe?

 Okay!

 Have a wonderful day!

 Winne.

 Hmm...

 That request.

 I glanced to the side at my schedule for today.