Chapter 26 - Your choice

I can't believe I have to put this here but:

TW for heavy topics related to drugs, trauma, and implied abuse.

 This chapter is... a lot. Please be prepared.

~

~

Wriothesley's POV

 "-elsey... Wriothesley."

 A quiet, gentle voice sounded as I felt a hand squeeze my shoulder slightly.

 I don't want to wake up...

 I want to sleep a bit more...

 "Sigewinne... Just five more minutes..." I mumbled.

 "You said that ten minutes ago as well." The owner of the voice chuckled.

 It was then that it hit me.

 Not Sigewinne.

 Definitely not Sigewinne.

 I reacted on instinct, my hand shooting to grab the one on my shoulder and yank it with all my strength in an attempt to tackle the owner.

 This was something I had done countless times when I was younger. At times when I needed to fear for my life, especially in my sleep.

 It was something that worked countless times.

 Just not now, apparently.

 My hand which had shot out to grab theirs was twisted and pinned against the bed with one fluid motion while another hand tightened dangerously around my throat.

 I finally managed to open my eyes just as the hold on my throat tightened to a point where I could barely breathe.

 I opened my eyes to meet a pair of lilac ones full of fear.

 This...

 He...

 "Ne-Neuvillette-" I managed to call out.

 That seemed to do something.

 A flash of light returned to his eyes as fear morphed into absolute horror.

 "You- Wriothesley-"

 He staggered backward till his back met the wall, his hands- no, his whole body shaking.

 "I- That- I'm sorry. I apologize. I- There is dinner. In the kitchen. Excuse me"

 A few more apologies slipped past his lips as he practically ran out the door and slammed it shut as he left.

 What...

 What just happened?

 I absentmindedly reached for the switch of the small lamp on the nightstand, turning it on.

 Almost instantly, I felt some movement from the other side.

 As I looked down I saw Sigewinne's head poking out from under the blanket as she blinked tiredly.

 "Dad...?"

 "I'm here."

 "Did the mister come to wake us up? He promised he would." She mumbled.

 "What?"

 "He said that he would wake us up for dinner so I could go to sleep for a bit."

 Wake us up for dinner?

 What dinner?

 Wait.

 Where are we at the moment?