Chapter 14

Isabella

A sudden throbbing pain in her head jolted Isabella awake. Blinking rapidly, she tried to alleviate the intensifying ache, feeling as though her head might shatter into fragments. The persistent agony pulsed through her temples, urging her to make sense of the disorienting haze that enveloped her senses.

She blinked her eyes to observe her surroundings.

Where was she ?
She was in her reception.
She didn't remember anything.

As she saw familiar walls of the room , she knew she was in her room but How..

Who brought her here ?

A sudden revelation jolted her, causing her breath to quicken. The realization struck with intensity – she had experienced a panic attack in the midst of the party. The haunting image of the monster who shattered her life triggered the overwhelming anxiety. She saw him
He was there ...

Yet, amidst the chaos, amidst her panic attack she found solace in the certainty that Alexander had carried her to their room. The memory of his supportive embrace lingered, a comforting anchor amid the storm of her own emotions. he carried her to their room. He protected her again.

Panic surged within her, prompting a hasty awakening. Her eyes darted around the room in search of Alexander, but he was conspicuously absent. The empty space echoed with a disconcerting silence, leaving her with a growing sense of unease.

Alexander wasn't there in the room.

But he was.
The monster was there..
In their room..

Frantically, she raced toward the door, her bare feet carrying her urgency. A piercing cry for Alexander tore from her lips as she vigorously shook her head, unwilling to coexist with the tormenting specter in the room. The door, however, remained steadfast, defying her attempts to open it. Frustration fueled her fists as they struck the unyielding barrier, each hit accompanied by desperate pleas for help, for the comforting refuge of Alexander's presence. She hit and hit and hit and screamed for Alexander at the top of her lungs while repeatedly looking behind her towards the monster.

As the door finally yielded, Isabella wasted no time. Even before it swung open completely, she enveloped Alexander in a tight hug, burying her face in his chest. Her arms circled around him with a desperate intensity, seeking solace and reassurance in his embrace. The scent of familiarity and the warmth of his presence provided a sanctuary against the lingering distress.

She shook her head vigoursly and cried out," Ta-Take me a-away . Ple-please . He i-is here. Pl-please."

She was crying hard, very hard. Tears streamed down her face as she sobbed uncontrollably in Alexander's embrace. He held her close, hugging her tightly, his white expensive shirt gradually dampened by her tears. In the midst of her despair, she clung to him, not wanting to let go. The wet fabric bore witness to the depth of her emotional turmoil, yet in his arms, she found a haven. The desire for his enduring presence overwhelmed her – a longing for him to stay by her side, offering the familiar warmth that only his embrace could provide.

Gently, Alexander ran his hand over her head, soothing her hair, and pressed a tender kiss to her forehead. "Bella, what happened?" he whispered softly, careful not to startle her with his words. The hushed inquiry carried a genuine concern, inviting her to share the burden that had triggered such emotional distress.

However, she remained silent, unable to find her voice or articulate words. The sound of her own voice seemed elusive and surreal in that moment of emotional turmoil. She couldn't utter a word.

So she just pointed her trembling finger towards her back still hugging him tightly and cried, " H-He is here."
Alexander gently pulled her closer, cupping her face in his hands. She lifted her head, locking eyes with those beautiful brown orbs she had come to admire. His gaze, a source of warmth and safety, felt like home.