Chapter 6

Isabella

Days passed in a blink of eye. There,she was sitting , getting ready for her wedding in one of the most expensive parlors of Italy as confirmed by Aunt Clara Oliver. When Alexander told the entire family that he wanted to marry her , she thought it to be a bluff or some kind of joke cracked at her. But
when after that dinner night, Alexander sent the orders that he wanted the marriage to take place as soon as possible , she knew it was actually happening. But her family didn't take the news positively instead they blamed Isabella for not keeping her whorish traits within herself.
They let their rage out by beating her and starving her to death. She was silently praying to get out of that house as soon as possible.
Till the time of her marriage day, she was exhausted , emotionally drained and utterly worn out . She needed to eat something to resist herself from passing out.

Isabella shivered thinking about what her uncle Anotonio said about Alexander

'He is just marrying you to keep his reputation safe and make the world think that he is a family man,so that nobody gets any hints about his underworld which he fucking rules like a devil he is. He is marrying a mute , timid and scared girl like you so that he could fuck around other women and you being a timid doll accepts it like a perfect wife you will be. And I sure as hell know he will use you torture you and throw you as a fucking used garage you are. He would torture you till you beg under him to kill you'

Tears ran down Isabella's eyes. She didn't want to believe her uncle . Nestled in his embrace within the bathroom, she felt safe knowing that he stood as her unwavering protector. She was certain that he would shield her from the harm, the warmth of his arms felt like a haven to her and felt it enveloping her in a cocoon of safety amidst life's uncertainties. She wished her uncle was wrong about him.

"Mam please don't cry otherwise your makeup will be ruined."
Isabella snapped out of her thoughts as the makeup artist spoke.
" I am Sorry " She said nodding her head.

The makeup artist continued with her work.
"All Done!" She said Excitedly .
Isabella opened her eyes only to get startled watching herself in the mirror. She couldn't believe her own eyes . She never thought herself to look this beautiful . She somehow felt confident seeing herself in the mirror.

Soon there was a knock on the door. Alexander's mother came inside with a beautiful young lady who looked around her age only. She immediately rose from her seat in greeting.

Gabriel gave her a thorough look only to yell in excitement.
"Oh My my! You look absolutely Stunning dear."

"Th-Thank You Mam."

"Oh C'mon,You don't call me mam instead call me Mama. I would love to hear that." Gabriel exclaimed happily.

She was genuinely smiling while nodding her head. She knew Gabriel genuinely liked her.

Soon then, The young beautiful girl beside Gabriel cleared her throat demanding attention.

"Mama I believe , I am here to be introduced yet. So why don't you do this honor right here before it's too wait."

"Ohh yes! Isa meet her she is Sofia ,my beautiful daughter " Gabriel said while holding Sofia in a protective arm.

"Nice to meet you Sofia." Isabella spoke softly to her while extending her hand out.
"Nice to meet you too Isa!" She yelled Excitedly leaving Isabella's hand instead taking her in a warm tight hug.
Isabella gasped in shock but hugged her too.
Sofia detached herself from Isabella taking a step and back and looking down at her said.
"I must say You look gorgeous Isa."
Isabella smiled at the complement

"I must say Alexander will have a hard time controlling himself to eat you and take you to bed." Sofia whispered in her ear making her completely flushed as her toes curled up and shiver ran her body at the mere thought .

"Sofia I guess I am standing right here." Gabriel said raising her eyebrow at the two girls .

Isabella immedetially lowered her head .
"Mama I was just stating the facts." Sofia said rolling her eyes at Gabriel .

"Okay, Now Leave the bridal we have guests to attend." Gabriel said while moving towards the door and gesturing Sofia to accompany her.

" Mama You go , I am coming in few minutes " Sofia said turning her face towards Isabella to talk to her.

Gabriel closed the door behind her and left to attend the guests.
Sofia took a deep sigh and took hold of Isabella's hand.
Isabella looked at her confusingly not knowing the reason behind her sudden change in behavior. She stiffened thinking about the possible reasons.

"Look, Isa I won't give you false hope about this marriage or my brother being a prince charming or something like that. Instead I would say my brother is anything but sweet. I know it is going to be difficult for you to stay bonded to him but Just know You always have me at you back. No matter what I will stand by your side as a sister. So If anything happens you would tell me even if it's against my brother."
Sofia said with concern,guilt ,love and tenderness in her eyes.

Eyes widened in disbelief, a torrent of astonishment overwhelmed her. The weight of the unexpected words pressed heavily on her shoulders, leaving her momentarily paralyzed. The world seemed to blur as her mind grappled with the shock, emotions swirling in a chaotic dance of surprise and bewilderment. She never thought in her life that Sofia was willingly ready to go against her brother to protect her and withstand her

Isabella was so overwhelmed that words blocked in a throat .
For the first time ever, she sensed her significance, realizing that she was genuinely cared for her well-being by someone, that she mattered to someone that she wasn't worthless. She felt secured, protected, and as if she had discovered a family.
Her eyes moistened , she wanted to cry her heart out but she held it and gave her a reassuring smile while nodding her head frantically.
Sofia took hold of her shoulder and hugged her silently promising her that she was there with her,that she wasn't alone in this.

...........

Isabella was standing behind a big door waiting to walk down the aisle. Isabella was so anxious and restless that she couldn't stop herself from trembling. Nervousness echoed in her uneasy stance, manifesting through fidgeting fingers and sweating palms.

"Ready to enter the hearth.I mean devil's den."
Isabella moved her head to the side to see her uncle smirking down at her with pure hatred. She immediately lowered her gaze to avoid any kind of eye contact.
"You spoiled my daughter's life...huh! I wish you never experience happiness . That mobster cheats you every single day with other women. He treats you like a fucking trash. I sincerely hope that he brings you nothing but misery and he'll.I wish you rot in hell."Anotonio roared in her ears while holding her arm in a tight grasp leaving bruises on it.
Isabella could see the animosity in his gaze penetrating through her veil and tearing her heart.
Anotonio was digging his nails in her arm brutally making her hiss in pain but she couldn't dare to utter a single word.

Instead, Tears traced silent rivers down her blushed cheeks, emotion painting her face with vulnerability. The quiet sobs spoke volumes of inner turmoil, a heart pouring out its pain drop by drop.

And She let it down . She let it all down under her veil for once not caring about anything . It was too much , she cried for all the days when her life was miserable , when people were hating her beating her treating her like a shit but nobody for once consoled her , held her and tell her that everything was going to be okay . She quietly accepted her fate under her veil and let fate ruin her.