Chapter 9

Isabella

'He is just marrying you to keep his reputation safe and make the world think that he is a family man,so that nobody gets any hints about his underworld which he fucking rules like a devil he is. He is marrying a mute , timid and scared girl like you so tmhat he could fuck around other women and you being a timid doll accepts it like a perfect wife you will be. And I sure as hell know he will use you torture you and throw you as a fucking used garage you are. He would torture you till you beg under him to kill you '

Her uncle's words echoed in her minds, words repeated and repeated.
She had collapsed on the floor. She clutched her gown tightly , her nails digging into her palms, thick fat tears rolling down her eyes, Vision completely blurred , her body trembling with fear, heart racing , each beating enveloping fear inside her body , she couldn't just process what just happened.

She didn't know what she did to make Alexander this enraged. The wrath, the hatred , the fury she saw in Alexander's eyes confirmed that he married her out of sympathy and whatever her uncle was correct.

Lacking the self-assurance to scrutinize him or intrude into his affairs, she harbored the belief that she wouldn't voice a single word, even if he were to transgress and betray her with other women. It wasn't just a lack of confidence, but a reflection of her upbringing-never instilled with the courage to assert herself or confront wrongdoing. The notion of taking a stand for herself seemed like an uncharted territory, and her silence became a manifestation of the unspoken lessons she never received about self-empowerment and setting boundaries. She felt weak.

She was crying very hard by the time Alexander left. Tears Cascaded her doe eyes. Her eyes swollen and red mirrored her broken soul. Her loud sobs echoed the silence of the room. She wasn't able to get herself together.

Soon after Matteo stormed inside the room with a loud thud, Isabella flinched at the sudden voice and immediately stood up wiping her tears with the back of her hands, trying to stand erect with with her head held high.

Matteo's dark eyes landed on Isabella and immediately softened.

He strides towards her . Isabella took a step back out of reflex .

" Who are you. " She managed the words out in between her silent sobs.

Matteo stood a few steps away from her.

" Isabella , I am Matteo. Alexander's right hand. Nice to meet you." Matteo tried to be as soft as he could be.

She thought if he was able to address Alexander with his first name with such confidence, he might be really close to him that means he was also dangerous like Alexander. She stiffened at the thought.

Matteo sensed her easiness and nervousness , so he said

" Isabella don't worry, I'm not gonna harm you . I am here to escort you back to the mansion since Alexander is busy somewhere ."

" My Uncle's Mansion.?
Isabella asked worryingly.

Did he leave her ?
Did he not want to stay with her ?
Did what uncle say about Alexander was correct.
Wasn't she really not worthy to be his wife?

Did he know what happened to her few years back that he backed off thinking she wasn't what he expected to be ?

No No No No....
She didn't want to go back to her uncle , she didn't want their words to be right, she didn't want to face the humiliation again.
She didn't want to go back at any cost!

"Isabella calm down , You are not going back to your uncle's mansion but Alexander's mansion."

Matteo must have read her expressions maybe that's why be explained her.