Chapter 12

Isabella

Isabella spent all of yesterday and today without catching a glimpse of Alexander. Since their morning encounter, he has been noticeably absent from his room, from his mansion, leaving her wondering about his whereabouts and the implications of their earlier interaction.

Alexander didn't even return to his bed at night to sleep, sparking a wave of self-conscious thoughts in Isabella's mind.

Where did he spent his night ?
Was he in the company of another woman?
Did his absence signal anger or dissatisfaction with her ?
Did she do something wrong to upset him ?
Did she cross her line ?
She didn't have any idea that where did she go wrong but the uncertainty gnawed at her, stirring negative thoughts questions about him leaving her.

As per Alexander's words, Isabella did go shopping with Sofia, just as planned. Together, they efficiently secured all the necessary and vital items that Isabella required. The shared experience of navigating the stores strengthened their bond, creating a tangible connection amid the aisles and emphasizing the reliability of their plans.

Isabella cherished every moment spent with Sofia, relishing their shopping excursion to a luxurious mall. Exhausted from their spree, they decided to eat something . It was the first time that Isabella not only went to shop in a very luxurious mall but also ate her favourite food in one of the most famous restaurants of Los Fortezza. Amid shared laughter, jokes, and heart-to-heart conversations, Isabella realized she had discovered not only a sister but also a steadfast friend in Sofia. The bond forged during this day became priceless to Isabella, who resolved to safeguard Sofia's radiant smile and beautiful heart at any cost.

Isabella couldn't help but reflect on Sofia's genuine and kind-hearted nature. In Sofia, she discovered a confidante, someone with whom she could freely share her thoughts and secrets.

Sofia's revelation about Alexander's influence on Los Fortezza intrigued Isabella. The extent of his control over the city, administration, and even law enforcement painted a picture of a formidable figure. As Sofia continued, she unfolded the narrative of Alexander's vast empire extending to cities in Italy and Russia. It wasn't merely inherited wealth from their parents; Alexander had tirelessly worked to forge his own legacy. He worked day and night, dawn to dusk to reach another levels of peaks.

The empire inherited from their father, Leoranzo Knight, was undeniably formidable, but under Alexander's leadership and legacy, it became even more robust and commanding and powerful and stronger.

Isabella listened, captivated by the story of a man who had dedicated himself entirely to building an empire. The sacrifices he made, isolating himself from personal connections, spoke volumes about the determination that fueled his rise. Alexander's reputation as both a feared and respected figure intrigued Isabella, leaving her pondering the complexities of the world he had created.

She pondered whether he understood the warmth of being loved and appreciated.

Had anyone ever taken the time to express their pride in his accomplishments, to engage in heartfelt conversations with him?

The walls of isolation surrounding him seemed impenetrable, and she questioned if anyone had endeavored to break through, to reach his heart and bring joy and cheer into his life.

It remained a mystery whether he knew the depth of admiration and connection others yearned to share with him, beyond the facade of his formidable empire.

Isabella felt a growing curiosity about the shift in Alexander's behavior. She yearned to ask Sofia about the events fifteen years ago that had molded him into the person he had become.