Chapter 29~

SARAH

Ever since the very minute he apologized, my anger had abated and I just couldn't resist smiling at the thought of having him around me.

I loved how it was that I could always feel his presence around me. In the Vintage shirt, still hanging in my closet, in the scent of his Cologne around the curtains hanging on each wall of my house.

But then Robyn in the picture made it even worse to want to fully focus on the fact that I was to be happy in the hands of Ryan.

It was exactly 3:45 PM, and there I was in my office with my hands laced together staring at the clock on my wall as the ticking sound from the clock filled the silence in my head.

A couple of seconds afterward I wrapped my arm over my chest waiting to see him walk into my office ready for the tutoring. Not that we both wanted any of that but then it had to be done.

The ticking sound from the clock caught my attention again, I felt stupid waiting on him. As I stared at the second hand making its way around the clock, it suddenly felt as though the disappearing seconds were more of a countdown to Robyn catching up with our little silly game.

I took a deep breath and then closed my eyes for a minute wishing he’d knock on the door and save me the stress of waiting for this long.

“Where the hell are you?” I muttered to myself as I ran my hand through my hair with my eyes glued to the door.

I tapped my fingers impatiently, still staring at the clock, as I crossed my leg over the other, a bit pissed but then, this had never happened before.

“4:30 PM, seriously?” I asked pulling my chair away from my desk and taking out my phone from my purse.

The clicks of my heels down the hallway were suddenly lost among the noisy crowd of students still lurking around in the corridors. Pushing through, I scanned their faces hoping to see Ryan leaning on the wall of their classroom corridor but then he wasn't there.

My gaze searched until it locked on to a familiar figure by the classroom door giggling to his other colleagues.

Logan!!…

I took my hand over my face the minute I saw who it was, and my steps increased almost immediately, as I could recall the event from the other night and knowing I had met with his brother, as I walked away something bad twitched inside of me and I suddenly wanted to get away at all cost.

My gaze sharpens seeing that, I could find his car in the park either.

As more students flooded the park, I headed out the gate of the school. I had my phone turned on for a few seconds staring at the screen hoping to see his text but still, I didn't get any text from him.

Amid all of what was going on in my head, I had a taxi booked and immediately headed back to my apartment.

“Here!” I said to the taxi driver the minute he was just about to take the next turn. I dipped my hand into my purse taking a $50 note as I handed it over to him.

“Thanks!” He yelled as he sped off with a smile creased on his face.

I hurried to my doorstep as I had the locks to my apartment opened. I exhaled feeling a bit exhausted from the day's work but then, was worried sick about Ryan and why he had decided to run off.

The very moment we had both agreed to take his tutoring seriously, he decided to bail out.

“Was this his way of paying me back?” I asked myself as I had the buttons of my shirt removed.

I lay on my couch staring up at my ceiling wondering what had happened. I took out my phone from my purse, staring at the screen of my phone and then I texted.