Chapter 14~

RYAN

“And I’d do it over and over again!” I said with a smirk on my face, my voice muffled by the beeping sound from her coffee machine.

I turned to find her lips pursed as she stared at me, contemplating on the idea for a while, and then had her gaze elsewhere like she was worried over something I knew nothing of, which made me so curious to find out what.

“Are you good?” I asked, my voice laced with so much concern as to why she had that bother to look on her face.

She bobbed her head with a smile as she leaned on the cabinet. “I'm just kidding Sarah, I can't spend my whole day stalking you,”  I said walking over to her as she pulled her in for a hug.

“But I would love to if you don't mind,” I said to her teasingly. “First, you’d have to pay for my services,” I gestured as I had my arms wrapped around her neck sniffing her by the hair as I pulled her closer to my chest.

“Stop joking around Ryan,” she responded, giving my arm a soft tap.

“Fine, you win!” I answered as I suspended my hand in the air letting her go. She chuckled softly leaning back to the kitchen cabinet with her gaze on me as she smiled.

As I stood by the sink smiling at her, my phone buzzed in my pocket. It was a text from Tom.

“Fuck!!” I muttered out loud as I quickly remembered I had the keys to his car, and had bailed on him last night at the motel driving down to Sarah's house.

“Is there a problem?” she asked moving closer to me as I had my eyes locked on the texts popping on my phone screen It made several buzzing sounds.

“It's nothing,” I said turning off my phone screen already hating the fact that I had to leave in the middle of our talking.

And just when I had the phone tucked into my pocket, it buzzed over and over again. This time louder.

“Are you going take that?” she asked pointing to my buzzing phone in my pocket.

For a few seconds I contemplated whether or not to take the call, but then remembering I made Tom stranded at the motel, I was left with no choice but to take it.

“I will be right back!” I said holding my index finger up in the air.

“Where the Fuck are you man!!” Tom shouted on the other end of the call and I could tell he had a frown creased over his face.

I paused for a minute as I took in deep breath trying to be calm as ever. “Hey, man!!” I said as I facepalmed myself knowing he probably would be outside the motel expecting to see me drive in seconds afterward but then I was half a mile away.

“I’d fucking kill you, man!” He yelled. “Where is my car?” He asked aggressively. “You have to stay calm man, I got too drunk last night and then I drove off into town,” I answered hoping he wouldn't ask any more questions.

“Bro, get your skinny ass down here,” He scowled.“I'm all alone here, hurry up!” He added.

“Who the hell is he calling skinny?!” I thought to myself feeling paranoid over the fact that he had called me skinny.

I groaned in frustration hating the fact that I was leaving her behind rolling my fist im

“Well…” she said as she approached me by the couch where I lay a while ago speaking to Tom. “You leaving now?” she asked, looking straight into my eyes.

The look she had on her face clearly stated that she didn't want me to leave, but indeed wanted me to stay.

“I'm afraid yes,” I responded with a devious smirk curled up my lips as our gazes locked.