Chapter 21~

RYAN

If she wasn't going, then who was my supposed surprise gift?

Plus, it all got clearer to me now that I put it up for discussion. She would never stoop so low to rub shoulders with my friends, talk more of planning with them to surprise me... Nah.

Already aware of the possibility of seeing someone else, even though I didn't bother to think who it would be, I proceeded to extend her an invitation.

Logan didn't give me the liberty to do that, but it wouldn't hurt to have one more guest. Maybe we could do it both ways, while he planned my surprises, I would his.

“I was told someone wanted to surprise me, and now I'm more confused as to who.” I revealed. She couldn't care for me less to not give a damn, I supposed.

"Good for you.” She dismissed it like it meant nothing to her.

Maybe I was wrong all along. She couldn't care less. But I wasn't backing down any time.

Even without her being verbal as to how she felt about the revelation, deep down, I felt her voice beckoned. I knew she was just trying to be hard and all of that shit... Only that she couldn't keep up anymore, as her voice gave her away so cheaply.

And for the record, it made us mutual, as I was fucking exhausted of the constant banter.

I turned to look at her, pain was written all over my features, I hoped she didn't ignore this too.

"Come on, Miss Sarah, you should loosen up a bit." I urged her.

"By loosening up, if you mean going to some underage party with my forbidden lover, then you have a lot to learn.” She sighed.

"Apparently, I learned it would be more fun, more like your thing.” I kept up with the act of persuasion.

Not in the mood to entertain my excesses for another minute, she stood up and began assembling her clothes.

Damn! She was drop-dead gorgeous even without having nothing on. I watched as her racks dangled as she swept the area for anything and everything.

When she bent over to pick up her lingerie, I didn't hesitate to reach out to grab and squeeze the soft apple in flesh and blood.

"You should leave now.” She ordered with a stern look.

Maybe I shouldn't have done that, but I didn't look away either, which made her even more uncomfortable. Her gait adapted, as she tried to appear less bothered about my predator eyes feasting on her nude frame.

She got lost, in the bathroom.

Maybe I should heed her advice. It was barely twenty-four hours to the said party, and I hadn't taken my quality nap. It would be stupid of me to go to an all-night party and doze off.

The last time a fresher did that at a random dude's house party, he went viral and had to drop out. I wasn't ready to trend the wrong way. Not now, not ever.

I got up and as she did, hunted for my clothes. Having finished, I got into them and smoothened my hair as I ran my fingers through it, to relax the spikes. It wouldn't take much for it to give me off cheaply.

"I'm off, Miss Sarah. See you soon.” I teased.

She played dumb and responded with silence. I wasn't expecting otherwise.

I ran off and headed for my apartment. It didn't take forever to arrive at mine, as it wasn't so far apart. I got off those clothes and slouched into a sofa.

My limbs were weak, as I was too exhausted. Limbs sprawled like an octopus, I dozed off without much effort.

The buzz of my phone had my lids flickering as I turned my head right and left, searching for it.

It must be Logan. I sat up, waking fully. I didn't know how long I slept, but I didn't need a seer to know it was a long smooth sleep. The ride with Miss Sarah was worth it after all.

In time, I got hold of the phone and answered the call.

"Hello, Logan." I yawned lazily, as I itched my eyes with the back of my palm.

“Hello, sleeping beauty.” He must have picked that from the sound of my voice. "We have barely two hours to Party’0 clock.”

“Shit!” I looked at the wall clock and gasped. I must have passed out. "Alright, I will be there shortly.” I assured.

The call ended and I rushed into the bathroom. It was the quickest shower I've had in ages. I got out and settled for a black ripped jeans and a white vintage top. It might be an all-night party, but I wasn't ready to look like a pauper.

With a white pair of sneakers to match, I bathed in a mix of my perfumes, picked up my phone, and headed out. It took me approximately forty-five minutes to get to Logan's house.

The place was set up for the mood, with lots of strong spirits and girls too. It was obvious Logan knew what fun meant, maybe even more than I did.

“Hey, birthday boy.” I greeted him when he made an appearance. "Pardon me, I didn't bear any gift, I slept like a log, but I owe you one.”

"I'm counting on that.” He informed me.

“What's the surprise?” I turned in search of it, but nothing seemed to get my attention.

"She's on her way.” He winked. "Anyway, let the party begin!” He screamed.

The DJ picked up his order as he played hot banging songs, and the sexy waitresses began serving us drinks... spirit to be exact.

There was no room for reservations, I was going to be fucking wasted. We only get this chance once in a lifetime.

I picked up a shot of tequila and gulped the entire content in a go. The waitress made an 'ouu’ sound, so hot. In a bid to impress her, I took another and did the same.

“Hello.” I heard someone whisper into my ear.

I turned to find Alison.

Holy shit! I gawked.

Alison was my ex-crush. Hot as fuck and enticing, she stood before me in a skimpy black dress, that gave out too much cleavage for my own good.

It wasn't the alcohol... Or was it?

For long seconds, I only stared at her as though she was another shot of tequila. To say the least, she was sexy, and she came ready to devour her prey.

Her prey... Speaking of which, Logan knew how much I adorned this beauty, he must have set me up. No more gifts.

"Hey." I managed after I got hold of myself. "I never guessed I would see you, it's been ages.”

"Right...” She smiled, so beautifully.

I looked away slightly. I should focus.

“We have a lot of catching up to do.” She teased.

“You're right.” I nodded in agreement. I wasn't going to cower away.

"Hey." She signalled at a waitress, as they brought her a glass and two bottles of alcohol to choose from.

“Vodka.” She made her pick.

Impressive, I watched her down her glass and went for another. She took two glasses in her hands and handed me one.

Without hesitation, I took it.

"Bottoms up." She teased.

In a playful count of three, we swallowed the entire content and grimaced, as the strong effect of the alcohol slapped us hard. This had us giggling like toddlers, as we enjoyed the company of one another.

The night went on with us shaking our bodies and nodding and dancing to the music in the background.

Alison made a move to rock me as she yelled at the change of song. It must be one of her favorites, or maybe she was just as wasted as myself.

We rocked and rolled like the bubbly young adults we were, as we paid no heed to the worries that whispered right outside this door, or that would hit us as soon as we got back to our lives.

As birds, we were simply free, and we didn't hesitate to flap our wings and soar as high as we could get. High.

Unexpectedly, the door came crashing with a loud bang and when we turned towards the direction of the sound, we saw two... three... Quite a number of cops staring right at us with angry gazes.

Fuck! We were been raided!

By now, the DJ wasn't stupid enough to keep blasting loud music through the bass speakers.

Like a flash, I turned to escape, maybe jump out of the window or hide beneath a chair... Anything at all, just not staring right into the angry eyes of advanced cops and I happened to be their first target.

“Don’t you dare think of moving.” The one right in front of me warned.

He began to advance towards me.

The rush of adrenaline that coursed through my veins came in at the wrong time, as it dawned that my next move would land me in trouble.