Chapter 15~

SARAH

I tightened my grip on the coat I had on, as I sat in my office watching the little cracks in my office.

Then I saw a five-foot figure walking towards my office door, and then I heard a tap on my door.

At first, I thought I had seen Ryan walk right through the corridor headed for my office but then, all of that was meant to be in my imagination.

“Come in,” I said with a smile creased over my face as I looked up to the door wondering who it was.

I was shocked to find a man in uniform right in front of me, surprisingly holding a bouquet as he walked in.

His face didn't look familiar in any way but then from the uniform he had on, I could tell he was one of those delivery guys.

I guess!!… I thought to myself as I pulled my chair closer to my desk sitting in an upright position.

“Good day Madam, sorry to bother you, you have a package,” He said moving closer to me with a smile.

My eyes widened seeing the bouquet wrapped with multiple ribbons.

I smiled standing up on my feet and staring at the bouquet in amusement, wondering who the hell had sent me this right in my office.

“All this for me?” I asked as I sniffed at the flowers.

“I'm off now Madam,” The delivery guy said on his way out as I heard the sound of the door closing.

I sat back down to my chair, running my fingers through the ribbons and then I found a note.

It read…

“My dearest Sarah, sometimes words are not enough to express my feelings for you. You brighten my world and give me a reason to keep going. 

With Love.

Robyn”

I couldn't help but smile at the thought of someone sending me flowers. At first reading through the letter I had wished for it to be Ryan but then the minute I saw the name boldly written underneath, I scowled and it still didn't change the fact that I blushed afterward.

“Someone looks happy,” Ryan said teasingly as he barged into my office without even knocking. I jolted at the sight of him walking in on me just like that.

“Ryan!” I said placing the flowers down on my desk as I stared at him nervously.

“Was I interrupting something?” He asked as his eyes bore through the dress I had on and around my office, probably wondering whether or not I had someone kept in my office.

“Not at all, come in,” I said pulling a few strands of my hair to the back of my ear trying so hard not to look too tensed.

Ryan’s narrowed gaze fell on the flowers but my eyes were fixed on the look on his face.

“Care to explain?” Ryan asked pointing to the bouquet on my desk.

I gulped nervously staring at the bouquet, lost for words to say to him.

“What?” I asked anxiously staring back at him. He folded his arms across his chest with an arched brow.

He opened his mouth to argue but then closed it, probably remembering he was right in my office and sort of had no right to complain whatsoever.

His expression hardened as he shot me a glare, making it sort of obvious that he was jealous.

“Ummm,” I said. “It's not what you think,” I said looking straight into his eyes.