03: The Colors of your Voice

The acrid scent of fresh paint mingled with the aroma of brewing coffee, creating a unique olfactory landscape in my world

The acrid scent of fresh paint mingled with the aroma of brewing coffee, creating a unique olfactory landscape in my world. My fingers, calloused yet nimble, traced the rough texture of the brick wall, memorizing the dips and curves that would become the canvas for my creation.

"A sound of something breaking

I awake from sleep

A sound full of unfamiliarity

Try to cover my ears but can't go to sleep"

I closed my eyes, not in the literal sense, for I have never known sight, but in a way that allowed me to truly see.

"The pain in my throat gets worse

Try to cover it

I don't have a voice

Today I hear that sound again"

The cafe, a symphony of sounds, buzzed with life. The clinking of spoons against mugs, the murmur of conversations, the rhythmic hiss of the espresso machine - each noise painted a vivid picture in my mind's eye.

"It's ringing again, that sound

A crack again on this frozen lake

I dumped myself into the lake

I buried my voice for you"

I envisioned the faces behind the sounds, their expressions, and a kaleidoscope of human emotions. Joyful laughter echoed in the bright strokes of yellow and orange, while whispers of worry manifested in soft blues and purples. A lone sigh hung in the air, translating onto the canvas as a wisp of gray.

"Over the winter lake I was thrown

A thick ice has formed

In the dream I shortly went into

My agonizing phantom pain is still the same"

My fingertips danced across the wall, guided not by sight, but by the intricate map etched in my memory and the symphony of emotions playing around me. The brush, an extension of my soul, dipped into vibrant hues, each color a feeling waiting to be expressed.

"Have I lost myself

Or have I gained you

I suddenly run to the lake

There's my face in it"

I feel the sting of heartbreak in the deep crimson bleeding down the wall, the warmth of love in the gentle caress of pink, and the quiet strength of determination in the unwavering strokes of emerald green.

"Please don't say anything

Reach my hand out to cover the mouth

But in the end, spring will come someday