01: Chasing an Invisible Melody

AERA'S POV

AERA'S POV

Shuffling under the covers, my hands hastily reached for the blaring alarm, its piercing noise tearing the anonymous quietness of the room. I felt the fresh sunlight shimmering with the iridescence of amber pearl, its sheen warmth kissing away my worries.

Slowly, stepping out of my disheveled bed, ruffling the locks of my hair falling on my obsidian forehead, I yanked open the shades, filling up the room with an awakening glow of those fresh tints of zeal. My nostrils tingled with the invigorating aroma of freshly brewed coffee, mingling with the sweet scent of honeysuckle outside my window, as I stood there inhaling its rejuvenating positivity.

Oh, how much I loved these beautiful & serene mornings, full of hope & impending newcomings. Birds burst into a joyous chorus, their melodies weaving through the air. The only sound was the rare footsteps on the dewy concrete streets, the stillness allowing me to gather my thoughts and find inner peace before the day began.

Suddenly, I was thrown off my trail of thoughts as my phone rang, its melodic ringtone yet another tranquil rustle. Following my details of senses, I trod my way to the nightstand, filling up the vibrations through my fingertips as I swiped the caller ID.

" Bonjour beautiful! Are you awake already?" I heard the cello voice of my bratty friend." Bonjour chingu! I'm up and I know why you've called. You don't need to remind me off again." I laughed heartily, as I heard her gasp.

" Woah, you know me too well, don't you? But nonetheless, I'm still gonna remind you for the purpose of my calling. Make sure to be here by 8 o'clock, as we're open to our customers by 9." she informed.

"Rest assured I'll be there before you blink. Gotta go & wash up. See ya!" I said, hanging up the call, before rushing my way through the corridor of my 3-story apartment, lunging for the bathroom's door.

After washing up & carrying out my morning routine, I shuffled through my wardrobe looking for an outfit that would be best for the sunny day outside. The softness of fabrics warmed up my fingertips as I fed over their textures until one of them made my hands halt. I extracted it out of the piles of cloth, drawing my hand over its neckline and velvety hem. I hummed in satisfaction, as I laid my finger on it. That was it. Its color was unknown to my sight yet keenly acquainted.

After getting dolled up, I combed my hair in a pin-up ponytail, letting the natural curls of my wavy hair free over my opal eyelids. Grabbing my sling bag, I wore my sneakers, playing with their lace as my fingers made an attempt to knot them up.

Hurrying my way to the kitchen, I grabbed a processed sandwich resting in my fridge, not having the care of sipping some morning coffee to kickstart my day, as I was sure I'd get some at my friend's place.

On the way out of my house, I didn't forget to grab hold of my most benevolent friend, who's always there to guide me in & out of my home safely, my white cane.