Prologue

A daughter. A father. A horse. A long stretched grassy field surrounded by trees. A road ahead, with a car passing by. Butterflies flying low near the ground, blackbirds gliding high in the sky. A couple of white clouds hinder the bright beams of the sun. Birds singing, bees humming, and the hushing whispers of the father and daughter.

"Be careful now, Adelia. Horses are incredibly elegant creatures, they know when you have wrong intentions before you do," The father warned.

The young girl carefully petted the horse near its nose. "Isn't she beautiful, papa?"

"Yes, she is." The father smiled and kissed the crown of his daughter's head.

"Can we keep her?"

The father laughed. "No, my darling, she is meant to be free. But we can visit her anytime you want."

"Really?" The girl asked with big eyes.

"Yes, really. Let's say goodbye now, your mother will have dinner ready soon." The girl pouted but took her father's hand and followed him home.

While they made their way through the long grass, the girl swatted a bee out of her way. "Adelia, don't." The father scolded her.

"But why papa?"

"Bees are valuable to life here on earth. Every creature crawling, flying, running, or swimming on this planet has an important task to keep life as it is, without one of them the cycle will be broken and nature will be out of balance. So you have to treat every animal with respect, Adelia. Don't forget that."

"Treat every animal with respect," The girl repeated.

"Yes, that's right," The father praised.

And like that, they continued their walk home.