48 | SOMETHING BORROWED

I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO.

MINERVA MCGONAGALL was the closest thing to a mother that Sirius still had in his life

MINERVA MCGONAGALL was the closest thing to a mother that Sirius still had in his life. And though he had worked on her nerves when he was growing up, she still cared greatly for the man and was quite proud of how he'd turned out. But because she knew him so well, she couldn't help but roll her eyes when she received a letter from him one Tuesday morning.

But much to her surprise, Remus, who was ever the teacher's pet and sitting next to her to discuss Neville Longbottom's improved marks since joining the dueling club, got the exact same envelope, his name written in Sirius' messy handwriting. As a matter of fact, the cream envelopes dropped from several owl's beaks, being delivered to the likes of Harry and Draco and each of the Weasleys and Hermione. So, with an idea of what the envelope contained, McGonagall opened hers and read the elegant, golden script over carefully.

Ivette Arora
&
Sirius Black

have the great pleasure of inviting you to their wedding on Saturday, December 23rd at Black Manor.

The ceremony begins at 4:00 PM followed by an evening of dinner and dancing.

"That poor girl," McGonagall muttered, not really meaning it as she smiled down at the invitations.

Remus chuckled beside her, reading his own, but mostly the message scrawled on the back of his, where Sirius requested he be his best man. "Turn yours over, Minerva."

The older woman did so, only to find a messy message from Sirius himself.

What are your thoughts on performing a marriage ceremony?

| | |

"Harry says Rem's dueling club is going really well," Ivy told Sirius, leaning back against his chest. He was teaching her how to cook, his hand over hers as she stirred a pot of pasta sauce. "The twins keep causing trouble though."

"Don't know why he's surprised," Sirius said, chuckling. "I'm just hoping they don't put explosives in the wedding cake."

Ivy narrowed her eyes. "That's a very specific scenario, Sirius Black. Are they planning on putting explosives in the wedding cake?"

"I'd never let them, Darling," he assured her. "I enjoy cake too much to waste it like that."

She rolled her eyes playfully and turned her head and stood on her toes to kiss the underside of his jaw. "Is Remmy gonna make it to the suit fitting on Sunday?"