26 | CANNONBALL

TOP BOX SEATS FOR BOTH OF YOU.

"DOBBY, I THINK YOU LOOK REALLY DAPPER," Ivy told the House Elf, who was showing off his newest clothing item — courtesy of Sirius

"DOBBY, I THINK YOU LOOK REALLY DAPPER," Ivy told the House Elf, who was showing off his newest clothing item — courtesy of Sirius. Dobby was sporting a leather jacket meant for a child, which Sirius was very happy to bring home.

"Thank you, Mistress Arora," the House Elf said. But when she shot him a look, he corrected himself. "Thank you, Ivy."

"Now we match," Sirius said with a huge grin on his face, also wearing his old leather jacket. "Kreacher never would've put something so cool on. He was the worst."

"Sirius, you shouldn't speak ill of your dead House Elf."

Sirius frowned. "He's not dead."

She tilted her head in confusion, as did Dobby. "What do you mean? You're the only one left in your family, and you said he was your family's House Elf — but he's not here."

"I assume he's still rotting away at Grimmauld place, keeping my wretched mother's portrait company," he shrugged.

"You've left him alone?" she asked, her eyes wide. "Sirius, that's horrible. He has no one to keep him company or take care of him—"

"Love, he's a right arsehole," Sirius told her. "As much of a blood purist as the rest of my family was. I don't want him in my home around Harry or Remus — he'd make them feel horrible."

"But Siri," she said, putting a hand on his shoulder.

Sirius squared his shoulders. "I'm not going to bring him here."

| | |

Remus' jaw dropped as the most vile sentence left the House Elf's mouth when he answered the door. Remus had never met Kreacher but he'd heard horror stories growing up, so he knew right away who the House Elf was. Evidently, he could tell right away that Remus was a werewolf, thinking his blood was filthy and impure.

"Right," Remus said, shoving his hands in his pocket. "Nice to meet you, Kreacher."

"Kreacher," Ivy spoke up, coming toward the door. "I told you that you're to treat all guests in this house with the same respect you show me."

Kreacher adored Ivy simply because she was a Pureblood — a polite one at that. However, he didn't like this 'treat everyone the same' business. And he liked working with Dobby even less, but he was sworn to serve the Black family and had to do what Sirius told him to. Of course, Sirius didn't want him there, so he'd even offered Kreacher an armful of clothes just to get him to leave.

"Yes, Mistress Ivette," Kreacher said, bowing his head. Then he stalked off to do some housework, muttering under his breath about hating how they let wild beasts into the house.

"Sorry about him," Ivy told Remus with a sigh. "He's still adjusting. But come in."

"When did that happen?"