27 | WORLD CUP

YOU HAVE TO TELL HIM SOMETIME.

ON THE MORNING OF THE QUIDDITCH WORLD CUP, Harry, Ivy, and Sirius took the Floo Network to the Weasleys' home at a horribly early hour

ON THE MORNING OF THE QUIDDITCH WORLD CUP, Harry, Ivy, and Sirius took the Floo Network to the Weasleys' home at a horribly early hour. The sun wasn't even up, something all three of them were less than thrilled about. Ivy was still leaning sleepily against Sirius as they sat at the breakfast table.

Everyone else was already in the kitchen except for Bill, Charlie, and Percy, who would all be Apparating to the game, meaning that they got to sleep in. Sirius was regretting agreeing to take the long way with Harry to keep him company. And though Ivy felt the same, she didn't complain about how tired she was as Molly handed her a warm bowl of porridge, which she quickly scarfed down while listening to Sirius explain to Harry how Apparating worked — he had little knowledge of it, and part of that was Ivy arriving Splinched and bleeding out in the living room.

"But Bill and Charlie and Percy can all do it?" Harry asked after Arthur had explained why he preferred traveling by brooms.

"Charlie had to take the test twice," Fred said, grinning. "He failed the first time. Apparated five miles south of where he meant to, right on top of some poor old dear doing her shopping, remember?"

"Yes, well, he passed the second time," Mrs. Weasley said in a firm voice, making the snickers at Charlie's expense stop.

"Percy only passed two weeks ago," Ron told Harry in a dull tone. He let out a hearty yawn before continuing. "He's been Apparating downstairs every morning since just to prove he can."

"Isn't that dangerous?" Harry asked, looking to Ivy worriedly.

"What happened to me doesn't happen often — only when one isn't concentrating enough," Ivy explained softly.

There were footsteps down the hallway and Hermione and Ginny came into the kitchen, both looking pale and drowsy — they all looked pale and drowsy. Not even wearing a kit with Ethan's name on the back of it could brighten Ivy up yet.

"Why do we have to be up so early?" Ginny asked, rubbing her eyes and sitting down next to Ivy and leaning against her as she leaned against Sirius.

"We've got a bit of a walk," Mr. Weasley answered.

"Walk?" Harry repeated. "What, are we walking to the World Cup?"

"No, no, that's miles away," Mr. Weasley told him, smiling. "We only need to walk a short way. It's just that it's very difficult for a large number of wizards to congregate without attracting Muggle attention. We have to be very careful about how we travel at the best of times, and on a huge occasion like the Quidditch World Cup —"

"George!" Mrs. Weasley's sharp voice cut Arthur off, making them all jump in surprise. Ivy smiled at the twin, wondering what he could've done so early to have his mother yelling.