8 | SNUFFLES

YOU'VE BRAINWASHED HER.

THE QUARTET'S MOURNING OF THE HIPOGRIFF WAS INTERUPTED by Ron exclaiming in pain

THE QUARTET'S MOURNING OF THE HIPOGRIFF WAS INTERUPTED by Ron exclaiming in pain. He looked down at his bleeding finger in shock as Scabbers fell to the ground.

"He bit me," he said in disbelief. They watched as the rat scurried off. "Scabbers!"

"Ron? Ron!" Hermione shouted as he ran after the rodent.

"Ron, we have to get back," Ivy called as the three of them chased after him.

Harry yelled for him to wait, but Ron kept going. They ran across the grounds until Ron finally caught up to his pet. Ron seemed to pay no mind to his surroundings, but Ivy, Harry, and Hermione knew to stop.

"Harry, you do realize what tree this is?" Hermione asked nervously. Ron was cradling Scabbers as he took a seat on the grass.

"That's not good," Harry muttered.

"Ron! Ron!" Ivy shouted, trying to get his attention.

And she did get his attention. But the horrified expression on his face wasn't from the Whomping Willow. Instead, he pointed behind them with a shaking finger.

"Harry, Hermione, Ivy! Run! It's the Grim!"

They quickly spun, and Ivy relaxed, spotting the dog that Ron had never actually met face to face. "Ron, that's just Snuffles—"

Ivy cut herself off when she noticed the stance of her beloved dog. He was standing at his full height and looked deadly, growling lowly. Ivy had only ever been scared of the dog once, the year before when he had violently attacked Chase, and he had a similar look in his eyes now.

Then, snarling harshly, Snuffles bolted forward, jumping over Harry, Hermione, and Ivy completely as he headed straight for Ron. His jaw clamped down on Ron's leg and began to drag the terrified boy towards the Whomping Willow, calling for help. The others chased after them.

Harry dived and his hand brushed Ron's for only a second before Snuffles dragged the boy down a dark, concealed tunnel that ran under through the roots of the tree.

"Ron!" Ivy called, stepping towards the hole.

However, before they could follow, a branch came out of nowhere and knocked them off their feet. Ivy groaned, wondering if she had broken a rib as they all got to their feet. The Whomping Willow had woken up, swinging its branches wildly to protect the area. But they could still hear Ron's screams fading in the distance.

"We have to get him," Ivy said, taking the lead. She had never been so confused, wondering what had changed to cause Snuffles to be so violent. For a moment, she thought perhaps he had been attacked by something or even had contracted rabies. Whatever the case, she was on a mission to save both Ron and Snuffles. "Careful with the branches."