38 | ASSET

[  I'm testing the waters for something at the end of this chapter and so I want y'all to be very vocal and let me know what you think of the insinuation. like feel free to type big long paragraphs with your opinions  ]

| | |

YOU'RE BEING MEAN.

IVY DIDN'T KNOW WHAT SHE WAS EXPECTING at 12 Grimmauld Place — Sirius had next to no fond memories of it that he could share with her

IVY DIDN'T KNOW WHAT SHE WAS EXPECTING at 12 Grimmauld Place — Sirius had next to no fond memories of it that he could share with her. In fact, he revealed he'd gone to live with the Potters during the Christmas break of his fifth year. But when she entered the dark, dingy home, she felt horrible for the younger version of Sirius that'd grown up there. It didn't feel like a home — it felt suffocating.

And the portrait of Walburga Black that was hanging permanently in the entryway didn't help. Sirius had at least warned Ivy of it so that she and Harry wouldn't take any insults to heart. Of course, Harry wasn't allowed to sit in on the first meeting of the Order, which he was a bit cross about. He had to stay upstairs with the rest of the underage wizards.

It was evident that Sirius was uncomfortable in his childhood home. How could he not be when the last time he'd been there, his father was casting the Cruciatus Curse on him, calling him a blood traitor while Regulus begged for him to stop from the corner? Yes, Sirius was anything but comfortable in the house, never once releasing Ivy's hand.

And when the meeting began, he pulled her onto his lap in the dining room more for his own comfort than hers.

A large number of wizards filled the room — some strangers and some not. The real Alastor Moody. Val. Ethan. Remus. Kingsley Shacklebolt. Mundungus Fletcher. McGonagall. Each of the older Weasleys aside from Percy. Sirius' cousin, Tonks. Snape.

Dumbledore led the meeting, naturally. And he filled all those in on what happened at the Tri-Wizard Tournament, as the Prophet wasn't printing the truth. He had Val fill in some of the gaps from the night in the graveyard, and then Ivy's worst nightmare came to life when he requested she tell them what she knew from being kidnapped.

"I - I—"

As she stuttered, Sirius wrapped his arms around her waist tightly. "She doesn't have to say anything, Albus."

"The hell she does," Moody said gruffly. He never was one to be very sympathetic. All that mattered to him was stopping evil wizards. "Crouch took her while parading around in my face, so what exactly happened to you, lassie?"

Ivy's bottom lip trembled as she looked down at her lap. It brought her little comfort when Sirius kissed the back of her neck gently, letting her know that he was there with her.

"The House Elf, Wingle — he did belong to Barty Crouch. Jr. not Sr," she whispered. "He led me to the outskirts of Hogsmeade and seemed to be leading me toward the Black Lake. But then he stopped and apologized to me. And then you appeared — not you, of course. But Crouch."