1 | KING'S CROSS

A NOTE: firstly, this is an AU with short chapters where Voldemort was defeated, because I want everyone to be happy and healthy and not dead ♡︎

second, in later chapters, it's gonna be smutty. just is.

| | |

AS IF IVY COULD BE UNPLEASANT.

DEEP BROWN EYES carefully scanned the bustling platform crowded with students hugging their parents goodbye and rushing to the scarlet train that was due to leave King's Cross Station in a few minutes' time

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

DEEP BROWN EYES carefully scanned the bustling platform crowded with students hugging their parents goodbye and rushing to the scarlet train that was due to leave King's Cross Station in a few minutes' time. She wasn't like them, clinging to her parents. No, this day was the best day because it meant she got to leave no matter how much she loved her troubled parents.

"And you've got everything, Ivette?" Cordelia Arora asked her daughter. Ivy hardly moved as her mother straightened the green silk ribbon in her hair to make her look more presentable. She was used to her constantly adjusting her appearance.

Ivette Arora, or Ivy as she preferred, stood with a straight back as her parents looked her over. Being from one of the more noble Pureblood families, they always wanted to make sure that their daughter looked proper. Her brown curls were tied back to show off her delicate features, and she wore a white turtle neck with a black pinafore dress that her mother had purchased her on their summer trip to France — Ivy wanted to buy the soft pink-colored one, but her mother said it was much too colorful.

Next to Ivy and her mother was Ishaan Arora, who kept a hand on the cart holding Ivy's luggage. He was a stern man, with a rather powerful position in the Ministry of Magic, but his austere personality didn't stop him from slipping treats into the cat carrier where a small, black Bombay cat was curled up.

"Yes, Mother," Ivy said, smiling softly at her mother.

"And if you don't, we can owl it to you," Ishaan told her. He pressed a firm kiss to his daughter's forehead before nodding to the train. "Have a wonderful last year, Darling, and make us proud."

Of course, "make us proud," simply meant get good grades, do not get any detentions, and try to not do anything shameful to the family name — things she always made sure to do. She could hang out with those younger Weasley twins as long as she did not participate in their silly pranks. She could go to Quidditch matches, but only if she didn't have any homework.

"And be careful," Cordelia said in a warning tone.

"You two are the ones that need to be careful," Ivy said in a soft voice. Her mother smiled almost sadly and cupped her daughter's cheek. "And Harry."

Cordelia sighed and shot her husband a look — one that often appeared on the Aroras' faces when their daughter mentioned the Potter boy that Ivy had managed to befriend despite the fact she was already in her fifth year at Hogwarts by the time he arrived. But the two Slytherin Alums had grown used to their Hufflepuff daughter's overly friendly nature and the fact that she was everyone's friend, no matter their house or age — or if they led to the downfall of the Dark Lord.