(14)

~🌠✨⭐✨🌠~

~🌠✨⭐✨🌠~

Nya awoke to find herself chained to a post, Garmadon in the same predicament beside her. "Nya, are you alright?" he inquired. "Y-yeah, I'm fine, but where are we?" she replied, finally taking a moment to survey their surroundings.

The sight was unsettling. Skulls, stacked high, creating eerie mountains that enclosed them. "We need to get out of here!" Garmadon urged, both of them struggling against the chains that bound them.

The door slammed open, revealing the sinister trio of Clouse, Chen, and Skylor. "Yes, my pet loves the smell of fear," Clouse grinned maliciously. Garmadon growled at them, demanding information. "Where is my son and [Name]? What have you done t—"

"I have your son, and as for the girl..."

Chen waved his hand dismissively. "She has seen better days," he added, his tone devoid of empathy. Garmadon doubted if Chen had ever felt such an emotion.

"Their powers will be mine at the ceremony tonight," Chen declared, confronting Garmadon. Hatred burned in his eyes. "Sorry you didn't get an invite. I'm still quite hurt that my former pupil decided to betray me so long ago!" he roared.

"How did you defeat them?" Nya questioned. Chen signaled for someone to enter the room, and in came a figure dressed in a Red Ninja gi.

It was Kai.

Garmadon frowned, a sense of déjà vu hitting him. "You pitted the Ninja against each other, just like how you did with the Elemental Masters!" he accused Chen.

Kai hung his head low as Nya confronted him with disbelief and anger. "Why the hell would you do this?!" she demanded, appalled. "And for someone like him! Of all people."

"Chen holds all the power, Nya," he tried to reason with his sister. "Those two didn't stand a chance," the haunting memories of the banquet hall replayed in his mind—shrill screams, Lloyd's desperate pleas, and Chen's heartless laughter still echoing.

"I had to think about what was best for us," Kai maintained his façade in front of Chen and Clouse, aware of the risky game he was playing. "He said he'd let you go if I complied—"

Nya glared at her brother. "I'd rather be chowed down by a snake!" she spat, the betrayal cutting deep. How could he betray the family that had taken them in? Garmadon gritted his teeth, seized Skylor, and pulled her into a headlock.

"Untie us!" he barked, Skylor struggled in his grip, reaching out for her father to intervene. Chen and Clouse exchanged glances, erupting into laughter. "Or what?" Chen taunted.

"You've changed, remember?" he reminded Garmadon. "You're Master Garmadon. You're a good guy." He cackled, showing little concern for his daughter's well-being.

"Threats don't scare me," Chen retorted.

The final crack in Skylor's wavering loyalty to her father shattered. He cared nothing for her. Despite her efforts to gain his approval, Chen loved no one but himself.