(12)

~🌠✨⭐✨🌠~

~🌠✨⭐✨🌠~

Chen roused the Elemental Masters at an ungodly hour, forcing them onto a blimp soaring into the sky. Griffin scowled at Jay, but his expression shifted into a smirk.

"What are you looking at, Zippy?" Jay confronted. Griffin, eyeing him, replied, "The next one out of the tournament," eliciting a growl from Jay.

On the other side, Kai faced Shade. "What's wrong, Shade? Too scared to show us the tattoo on your back?" taunted Kai.

Shade, annoyed at the accusation, rolled his eyes. "I can't wait to go up against you because you'll be the one on his back," he retorted. Paleman whistled at the banter, and Skylor interpreted it as an advance.

"Do you mind?" she scoffed at the Master of Light. Garmadon observed, "Tensions are high," disapprovingly.

Lloyd nodded in agreement. "Yeah, but not as high as we are now," he said, looking out the blimp's windows. Neuro, visibly on edge since boarding, paced past them with a thin layer of sweat on his face.

"I-I can't take this anymore! Wh-where is Chen?" Neuro rushed to the cockpit, finding it unmanned, setting the competitors on edge. The screen lit up with Chen and Clouse.

"Uh... how do I tell that this thing is on?" Chen's forehead appeared on the screen. "Oh! I see the light," he figured out, smirking. "Hello, final eight!" he greeted.

"I see that all of you are eager for the tournament to commence so that one of you can win my Staff of Elements!" He waved his arms like a child. "Instead of finding a Jade Blade, today you'll be fighting for something different," he announced, pressing a button.

The screen switched to Nya and [Name] running through the forest on the island, looking into the camera before darting away.

"Nya/[Name]," Kai and Lloyd muttered. "As you can see, we have some uninvited guests on the island. Find them, and you will automatically move up to..."

No...

"The Final Round!" Chen cackled in glee. Jay couldn't believe it. "He wants us to hunt them down? They won't stand a chance!" exclaimed Jay.

Lloyd clenched his fists, 'Bastard,' cursing Chen. "Then we need to get to them before anyone else does." He pulled on the hood of his gi. It's high time they tear this place down.

"In about ten seconds, the bottom will drop," revealed Chen. The Elemental Masters widened their eyes. "But because I am not a cruel host, I have prepared eight parachutes!" Eight parachutes appeared, and the blimp's floor started to pull apart.

The Elemental Masters rushed for parachutes. "Master Garmadon is there? Shoot, that makes nine. Oh well," shrugged Chen, mischief in his face. "Never was good at math, toodle-loo~!" he sang before signing off.