(2)

~🌠✨⭐✨🌠~

~🌠✨⭐✨🌠~

I released a content sigh, easing into the warm water of the tub. After a marathon 16-hour studio session, a bubble bath was well-deserved.

It had been a week since my second move to Ninjago City and three weeks since I transmigrated to the past. So far, life had been peaceful.

I actively avoided the risk of running into Lloyd in alleyways, a lesson learned from my previous life.

Forgetting the sensation of a normal life, I immersed myself in the water until the urge to surface for air compelled me. My damp H/C locks, previously secured with a hair claw, now cascaded unevenly.

A light scratching on the bathroom door hinted at D/N needing attention. Assuming it was him, I exited the tub, quickly wrapping a towel around myself.

"What's wrong, boy?" I inquired as I opened the door. D/N circled, indicating his need to go potty.

"One sec, boy," I motioned for him to wait, swiftly dressing in sweats and a shirt. Returning to the living room, I slid open the patio door. "C'mon, boy, over here," I gestured for him to do his business outside.

D/N remained still and trotted to the front door, confusing me. He was potty trained and accustomed to relieving himself on the patio. Crouching down, I scratched the back of his ear, and D/N whimpered, scratching at the front door. Now I understood.

He wanted to go for a walk, not surprising given my busy work schedule. Glancing at the dark surroundings through the ceiling-to-floor window, D/N's whimpers tugged at my heartstrings.

With a sigh, I grabbed his leash. "Just for a few minutes, okay? You pee, we walk, then go home." D/N barked in satisfaction. Attaching the leash, I made sure to bring my taser, just in case.

~🌠✨⭐✨🌠~

What was initially intended as a quick walk and a bathroom break for D/N stretched into something longer.

He hadn't even relieved himself, despite the earlier commotion about it.

D/N guided me to the neighborhood park, and it dawned on me that I had fallen for my own dog's scheme. "You're quite the trickster, aren't you?" I crossed my arms, raising a skeptical brow.

He triumphantly stuck his tongue out at me. "You have got to be kidding me," I chuckled, facepalming.

Apparently, my gullibility persisted; I'd need to work on that. Although, saying 'no' to D/N was always a challenge.