Bad Moon Rising

Evelyn

Elena, Stefan, Damon, and I are sitting on the sofa at the boarding house, waiting for Ric to get here so we can try to find a way to figure out what the Lockwood's are. There's a knock on the door, and Damon gets up to let him in. I move to the other side and stand behind Elena and Stefan.

"Thanks for coming. Ric." He closes the door after him. "Can I get you something to drink? Coffee? Bourbon? Bourbon in your coffee?" Damon asks as they walk into the living room.

"Uh, Elena mentioned you needed my help," Ric says, taking a seat on the sofa across from Stefan and Elena.

"Yeah, we were, uh, hoping you could help shed some light on the Lockwood family," Stefan tells him.

"Now, why would I know anything about the Lockwood's?" He asks.

"Well, you wouldn't." Damon takes a seat on the armchair. "But your dead...not-dead vampire wife might."

"Isobel's research, from when you guys were at Duke together." Elena brings up.

"You said that she had spent years researching this town," Stefan adds.

"Isobel's research here, Mystic Falls, was rooted in folklore and legend. At that time, I thought most of which was...fiction," Ric replies.

"Like that amazing vampire story." Damon smiles.

"Was there anything else she researched besides vampires?" I ask, making him look at me.

"Lycanthrope," he answers, making my eyebrows furrow.

"Wait. Like werewolves?" Elena questions, sitting up.

"No way. Impossible," Damon denied, shaking his head. "Way too, Lon Chaney," he adds, sitting up.

"Is it?" Stefan asks, making Damon turn to him.

"I've been on this planet a hundred and sixty-some-odd years. I've never come across one. If werewolves exist, where the hell are they?" Dmon questions, turning back to Ric.

"Maybe there's just not that many werewolves now." I shrug.

"Why do you suspect the Lockwoods?" Alaric asks.

"Because vervain didn't affect the mayor on Founders' Day, but the Gilbert device did. And it affected his son Tyler." Damon points.

"And at the school carnival, his uncle Mason exhibited inhuman behavior when he fought one of the carnival workers," Stefan adds. "So, it suggested some sort of a...supernatural entity."

"We were hoping that Isobel's research could help us figure out what it is," Elena says, sitting up.

"A lot of her things are still at Duke." Alaric clears his throat. "I mean, her office is still there. She's technically still missing."

"So, can we get access to it?" Damon questions. "Ric, we need to know what we're dealing with. If this wolf-man thing is true, I've seen enough movies to know it's not good. It means Mason Lockwood is a real-life Lon Chaney, and that little Tyler punk may just very well be Lon Chaney junior. Which means Bella Lugosi, meaning me, is totally screwed."

~~~

Stefan and Evelyn are sitting in Elena's room, watching her pack the things she needs for the road trip. Evelyn has her bag beside her where she is sitting next to the window.

"I don't get why I have to go if you're going too," Evelyn tells Elena.

"Because Stefan is staying to help Caroline, and I don't want to be the only girl going on this road trip, and we'll get to know more about our lineage," Elena says. "Besides, Ric is a good buffer. So we can bond in our anti-Damon solidarity," she adds.