There Goes the Neighborhood

(Edited)

Evelyn

"Do you think he's still trying to find Kathrine?" I hear Elena ask right as I walk up to them. They both look at me in acknowledgment but continue talking.

"I don't know. He waited 145 years only to find out that Kathrine could not care less. I mean, it's gotta hurt, right?" Stefan rhetorically asks.

"And it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy," Elena sarcastically countered.

"Who is this Kathrine person anyway? I think this is my third time hearing about her," I tell them. Right when Stefan was about to explain who she was, the realization hit. "Wait, Kathrine? As in ex-girlfriend Kathrine?" I ask.

"Yeah." He nods in confirmation.

"I completely forgot about her." I chuckle.

"Stefan has a photo of her from 1864, and I look exactly like her," Elena informs with an uneasy look.

"Oh, crap. Well... it's a good thing we're not identical twins." I smile. Elena gives me a 'not now' look, and my smile drops. "Sorry." I chuckle nervously. They continue their conversation from earlier.

"You have every reason to be upset with him. Have you thought any more about what you're going to do?" Stefan questions, looking between us.

"About what, Isobel, our vampire birth mother, who's related to our vampire ancestor Kathrine, who screwed over your vampire brother? Nah, haven't thought about it at all," Elena sarcastically countered.

"I'm sorry, I brought it up," Stefan apologizes, enjoying her sarcastic remark.

"It'd be nice if we could get through one day without having to deal with any of it. No vampire mother or brother," Elena tells him.

"No vampires at all?" Stefan asks playfully, getting closer to her.

"No vampires but you." Elena smiles, and I scoff.

"Rude. Well, actually, never mind. If you two are going to be making lovey-dovey eyes at each other, I'd rather stay away." They chuckle. "Alright, well, see ya." I walk away from them and head to my locker.

~~~

Evelyn was leaving the classroom and walked over to her locker, seeing Caroline standing next to it with a big smile on her face.

"What do you want?" Evelyn asks, squinting her eyes.

"Wha- just because I'm waiting for you at your locker happily, doesn't mean I want something," Caroline defends. Evelyn stays silent, staring her down, making Caroline sigh in defeat. "Okay! Fine. I want you to go on a double date with Stefan, Elena, Matt, and I," she tells her.

"Nope," Evelyn quickly denies opening her locker. "I don't want to be a fifth wheel," she adds, shaking her head. "No," she states.

"Please, for me. I really need you there," she begs, holding Evelyn's hands.

Evelyn sighs. "Are you sure you want to do this?"

Caroline nods. "Yes, I'm sure. I want Matt to see that Elena's moved on and that he should try too," she adds.

"Alright, fine. I'll go, but you owe me. And I'm not talking during dinner," Caroline smiles, nodding.

"Okay, you don't have to talk. Just be there." She squeals. "I love you! You're the best." She hugs Evelyn.

"Yeah, yeah. I love you too," Evelyn rolls her eyes playfully.

~~~

Evelyn