162 Candles

(Edited)

Evelyn

Elena, Jeremy, Jenna, and I walk out of the police station to see Stefan waiting for Elena at the bottom of the steps.

"I'll meet you guys at the car," she tells us, nodding.

"Okay," Jenna says before walking away. I nod at Elena and follow Jenna and Jeremy to the car. I get into the passenger seat, and we wait for Elena. I look over at Jeremy to see him on his phone.

"Hey, you okay?" I ask him. He looks up from his phone and nods.

"Yeah. I'll miss her, but I know it's for the best," he tells me before he looks down at his phone. I let out a sigh and turned to face the front. I look in the side mirror to see Elena approaching the car.

After we got back to the house, Elena and I were sitting on the sofa when Jenna came and sat down in the space between us. "You're wallowing," she informed Elena in defeat.

Elena looks over to Jenna. "So are you," she pointed out and looked back down, messing with the blanket.

"My wallow is legitimate. I was dumped," Jenna countered.

"Well, Logan's a jerk," I tell her, not taking my eyes off my phone.

"You didn't get a brush-off email saying 'I'm leaving town. See ya,'" she clarified in defeat.

"Wanna keep down over there?" Jeremy asked in annoyance from the table, loudly for us to hear.

"Why? What are you doing?" Jenna questions as she sits up and looks over the sofa to see him.

"Homework," he answered. Elena and I looked at each other and then sat up to look at him.

"Since when do you do homework?" I ask skeptically.

"I gotta finish this. I'm way behind, and I have a quiz tomorrow, so..." he trails off as he flips through his papers.

"What do you think?" Elena questioned, not taking her eyes off him.

"Alien?" I ask from the other side of Jenna.

"Some sort of replicant," Jenna says. Jeremy stops writing and looks up from his papers to us.

"He can hear you," he says, giving us a sarcastic smile, and continues to do his homework.

~~~

Evelyn's sitting in the living room when she hears a knock on the door. She gets up from the sofa to open the door to see Bonnie.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" She asks, letting Bonnie inside.

"Hey," she says, smiling. "Elena's not answering her phone, so I wanted to check on her," she replies as Evelyn closes the door.

"She's still in her room," Evelyn points upstairs.

"Okay, come on," Bonnie tells her as she walks up a few steps. Evelyn gives her a confused look.

"What?" Evelyn asks her.

"Come with me to check on her," she says, waving her over. Evelyn was about to speak up, but Bonnie beat her to it. "Hurry up before I drag you," she says playfully.

"Okay, okay, I'm going," Evelyn tells her, walking up behind her. They get to Elena's room, and Bonnie opens the door while knocking on it. "You up?" Bonnie asks.

Elena looks at us. "No," she says as she rolls onto her back, pulling the blanket over her head. Bonnie walks over to the bed and tries to pull the blanket off her. "No, no," Elena says as they pull the blanket back and forth. Elena sighs and gives up.