You're Undead to Me/Lost Girls

(Edited)

Evelyn

I stretch before making my way over to open the bathroom door, only to see Vicki standing there, brushing her teeth. I looked at her, confused, but before I could say anything, she spoke up.

"I'm sorry, I'm almost done..." Vicki says awkwardly, staring at me.

"Take your time. And once you're finished, you can go ahead and leave," I tell her before I reach over to grab my toothbrush and toothpaste. Shutting the door behind me. I hear her mumble 'bitch' and I roll my eyes. I stand there for a second, shaking my head and shivering at the thought of Jeremy and Vicki together.

After getting ready in the bathroom downstairs, I walk into the kitchen to see Elena and Jenna talking about what's going on in Jeremy's room. "And you have no objection?" Elena asks as she puts her stuff on one of the chairs.

"I do," I tell them while pouring coffee into a cup.

"He could be craftier about it. At least make an effort to sneak her in and out," Jenna says, smiling.

"I'm sorry but am I the only one who thinks–" Jenna cuts me off.

"Oh, and, uh, just so you two know, I won't be home for dinner," Jenna tells us as she writes in her notebook.

"Mm, so you're actually going to do it. You're gonna go out with Logan," Elena teasingly says as she sways the cereal box.

"I hope you torment him," I tell her, smiling.

She smiles at both of us. "I will show up and torment him, yes," she replies while nodding. Elena and I chuckle at her agreement.

"Have you heard from Stefan?" I ask, looking over at Elena.

She sighs. "Not since he left that very vague message three days ago." She opens the cereal and starts to try and imitate Stefan. "Hi, um, Elena, I, um, I have something to do. I'll, uh, explain in a few days." She pours the cereal into her bowl.

"Haven't you called him?" Jenna asks, amused.

"Nope. Not going to either," she says, looking down and shaking her head.

"And you're okay with everything?" Jenna questions in concern.

Elena angrily slams the milk carton down, looking at Jenna. "No. I'm not okay with any of it, but I'm not gonna cry about it either. You know I was gonna write in my diary this morning, and then I thought, what am I gonna write?" She shakes her head a little. "Honestly, I'm not gonna be one of those pathetic girls whose world stops spinning because of some guy," she says, taking a bite of her cereal.

"Okay then..." I slowly say and nod my head at her.

"I'll be fine," she assures, then walks away with her cereal. I look over at Jenna to see her already looking at me, so I just shrug my shoulders and leave with my coffee.

~~~

Evelyn is standing by the lockers with Bonnie and Elena when they see Caroline walking with some other students, putting up flyers for the car wash.

"Unbelievable, it's like nothing happened," Elena tells them.

"She's in denial," Bonnie states. Elena looks back at Caroline, seeing her laugh.

"Hey." Stefan walks up to them.

"Hey, uh, you know, I got to go, uh, be somewhere right now," Bonnie says awkwardly before quickly walking away. Evelyn was about to walk away when she felt a hand on her arm.

"I'm guessing you want me to stay?" She asks, already knowing the answer. Elena nods her head and turns towards Stefan.

"I'm so sorry I haven't called," he apologizes to Elena.