Bloodlines

(Edited)

Evelyn

I hear her gasp and look forward. My eyes widen when I see someone in all-black clothes standing in the middle of the road. She slams on the brakes, making the tires screech. She turns the wheel, trying to make the car swerve away from him, but he hits the windshield, cracking it from the force.

The car started to tumble. I block my face with my arms and I hear the glass from the windows shatter as we roll. After a few minutes, we stop rolling and land upside down. I remove my arms from my face and feel them slowly heal. I hear Elena breathing rapidly and look over at her, trying to see if she's okay, but I notice the person start to pop his bones back into place slowly.

I have a horrified look on my face as I watch him slowly get up from the road. I can see Elena panicking from the corner of my eye, trying to get her seat belt off. I start to panic as he starts walking closer to Elena's side. She starts whimpering as he gets closer.

When he bends down close to her window, she lets out a scream, making him vamp away. She gets closer to the window to check if he is gone, and she screams again, making me jump, closing her eyes when Damon vamps in front of her face.

"How you doing in there?" He asks.

"Damon?" Elena questions as she opens her eyes to see him. I speak up, making him look at me, surprised to see me.

"How do you think we're doing in here?" I croak out. I look out my window to try and see if the guy is still around.

"Evelyn? How did you get here?" He questions. "You know what, never mind. You look stuck," he tells Elena before getting up to do something. I feel liquid riding up my side, and I pick up my shirt to see glass sticking out. While Elena isn't looking, I pull the glass out and see myself start to slowly heal.

"It's my seatbelt...I can't," Elena whimpers.

"Shh, shh, shh!" He tries calming her down. I hear a loud noise and jump.

"Damon, Evelyn!" she exclaims. I close my eyes, pretending I passed out.

"I know, but I think she's knocked out. Her eyes are closed," I hear Damon say. "Let me get you out of here. I want you to put your hands on the roof," he directs her. I hear her groan. "Just like that. You ready?" He asks before he starts counting. "One...two...three. I got you," he tells her.

I open my eyes a little bit to see him carrying her. "Are you okay? Can you stand? Is anything broken?" He questions. I hear her groan as he puts her down to see if she can stand on her own. She almost falls, but he catches her. "Whoa. You're fading fast, Elena," he says. As I'm watching them, my eyes start to feel heavy.

"I look like her," Elena tells him. I see him lay her on the ground. He vamps over to me, opens my door, and gets me out. The last thing I feel is him moving my hair out of my face before darkness consumes me.

~~~

Damon is driving with Elena and Evelyn in his car. Evelyn is laid on the back seat feeling weak while Elena is in the passenger seat with her head leaning against the window. Elena wakes up, looking out the window to see trees passing by. She looks over to see Damon smiling at her.

"Morning," he says. She sits up, putting her hand on her head, looking out the windshield, confused.

"Where are we?" She questions, running her hand through her hair. Unbeknownst to them, Evelyn is already awake; she's just lying there listening to the radio with her eyes closed.

"In Georgia." He smirks.

"Georgia?" Elena asks. She shakes her head as it dawns on her. "No, no, no, we're not. Seriously, Damon. Where are we?" She asks again. "And where's Evelyn?" She questions.