Miss Mystic Falls

Evelyn

"Hey, Stefan, good to see you back. How are you doing?" I ask as I walk up to him and Elena.

"Hey, I'm doing better," he answers.

"That's good." I nod.

"We're gonna be late," Elena says.

"Okay. Umm, you know what? I'll catch up with you. I'm gonna grab my stuff. I'll be right behind you guys," he tells us, walking to the trunk of his car.

"Okay," Elena says before we walk away. When we get to our classroom, we take our seats. Elena is in the third seat in the third row, and I sit behind her, putting my head on the desk. When I look up, I see Stefan walk in before Ric, who shuts the door behind him.

"This week, we're gonna set aside our regular curriculum for a lesson in local history as we approach Founder's Day. Apparently, the, uh, community leaders feel that's more important than World War ll. But, hey, what do I know?" Ric shrugs.

"Ah, sorry I'm late," I hear Bonnie say and quickly look up.

"Well, looks like we will be at full occupancy today. Welcome home, Bonnie." Ric smiles. As Bonnie walks by to take her seat next to Elena, she smiles at Elena, but it quickly disappears when she meets eyes with me and Stefan.

~~~

"I don't think I should bother her," Evelyn tells Elena, who's dragging her to catch up with Bonnie. Evelyn pulls her arm away from Elena, making them stop in their tracks. "Elena, it's obvious she hasn't forgiven us for what happened." She shakes her head.

"It'll be okay. We're just gonna ask how she's doing," Elena reassures before continuing to walk. Evelyn sighs before following her.

"Bonnie," Elena says, catching up with her. Bonnie looks back to see Elena and Evelyn behind her.

"Hey." She continues to walk.

"We, uh, we tried to grab you after class, but you had already taken off." Bonnie stops walking and turns to face them. She sees Evelyn keeping her distance. "How are you? How's your family?" Elena asks.

"We're dealing. It's been hard," Bonnie answers, glancing at Evelyn.

"Everyone here really missed you," Elena tells her.

"Yeah, I just had so much to deal with after grams' funeral. And honestly, after you told me the tomb spell failed, I just didn't really wanna come back." Bonnie shakes her head.

"I hope that you understand why I called. I wanted you to know before you came home," Elena explains.

"I understand why. I just shouldn't...know," Bonnie says, frowning.

"I know it's been really hard–" Elena gets cut off by Caroline.

"Bonnie! Bonnie, thank god you're home." Caroline runs up and hugs her. "I know we texted every day, but I missed you." Elena looks hurt, watching as they hug. Bonnie chuckles. "How are you doing?" Caroline questions, letting her go.

"Better. It's better, you know. Glad to be back and, uh, trying to keep to myself...busy," Bonnie answers.

"Well, me and Evelyn can help with that." Evelyn quickly looks up to see Bonnie glance at her in uncertainty. "Major wardrobe confab needed, ASAP. You guys need to help me pick the perfect dress for the Founder's Court." Elena looks between all of them with hurt in her eyes.

"The Founder's Court? Did I miss something?" Elena asks.

"The Founder's Court. You know, Miss Mystic Falls. They announced it today. And you and I are both on it," Caroline explains.