Unpleasantville

(Edited)

Elena

"Stefan, who was that man on the road?" I asked him as we lay in my room.

"I don't know. Do you remember anything else about him?" He questions as he looks up at me.

"I wish. I...I never really saw his face." I take a deep breath. "He was wearing a hoodie. All I can remember is that there were these black boots coming towards me," I tell him, and he stays quiet for a moment before speaking up.

"I brought some vervain." He sits up to grab a box on the floor at the end of the bed. "For, um, for you, Jenna and Evelyn. And, um, I made this bracelet for Jeremy," he says, pulling the bracelet out of the box. "A few extra ones for friends." He hands me the bracelet.

"You can put it in jewelry, or you can even put it in food, or drink. But as long as it's in you or on you, a vampire cannot control you," he says, handing me the vervain.

"Wow. So much to remember," I say, looking down at the bracelet and vervain in my hands.

"I know, but there's another vampire in town." He looks at me. "So until we find out who it is and what he wants, we have to be careful," he says, nodding.

~~~

Evelyn is lying in her room thinking about what Elena had blurted out to Jenna. She's not mad at the fact that they are adopted.

'They must have had a reason,' she thinks. She wants to be mad at Elena for blurting it out there instead of talking to her. But she feels like she can't because she hasn't even told Elena about her secret yet.

She hadn't come out of her room since then. She hears the doorbell ring but doesn't move to get up. Jeremy, who is drawing downstairs, gets up and opens the door to see the pizza delivery man.

"Hey," he smiles, opening the bag to take out the pizza box. "It's gonna be twenty-two dollars," he says, holding the box.

"Elena, I need the money!" Jeremy yells. "Uh, here. Come in. Just put it on the table," he says before returning to his drawing. Elena comes downstairs to see the man put the pizza box down.

"Hi. Um, keep the change," she says, taking the money out of her wallet and handing it to the man.

He takes the money. "Thanks." He smiles. "And you have yourself a good night," he says, backing out of the doorway.

~~~

"It's so pretty. Thank you," Caroline stated as she admired the necklace around her neck. Elena gave her the necklace before they started walking outside for their lunch break. "God, it'll go with, like, everything. What's the occasion?" She asks as they get to a picnic table to sit down.

"No occasion. Just a little friend gift," Elena says as she sits down.

"Lesbian friend necklace? Cause we're freaky like that?" Caroline playfully says as she sits down. Evelyn chuckles. She speaks up, making them both look at her.

"She gave us these little flower things. I don't know what for, but they're pretty," Evelyn lies, shrugging.

"I just want to give you guys gifts. And I already told you. It's for tea," Elena says. "Your friendship is important to me," Elena continues talking to Caroline, smiling as she puts her lunch in front of her.

"Why are you being so mushy?" Caroline asks, taking out her sandwich.

"Because you've been avoiding me, and I wanted you to know that whatever is going on with you and Matt, it's okay." She nods her head. Caroline freezes for a moment before speaking.