Founder's Day

Evelyn

"John? I-Is that even possible?" Elena asks.

"I knew it!" I exclaim. "Well, actually, I just speculated." I shrug.

"Well, there's no proof, but he dated Isobel when she was a teenager, and he was the one who brought her to your dad's office for the delivery," Stefan explains.

"My whole life, I've never liked this man. I-I..." she trails off, running her hand on her forehead in frustration, and I nod in agreement.

Stefan sighs. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I just wanted to tell you before Damon dropped it on you in some typical inappropriate way." He looks between us.

"No, I'm-I'm happy that you told me. I just really hope it's not true." She shakes her head. "What are we supposed to do? Do we just...confront him and say, 'Are you our biological father?'"

"I guess when you're both ready," Stefan says.

"I'm never gonna be ready." She shrugs.

"We have enough problems with the family that we actually care about. Jeremy hates us, and why wouldn't he? Elena's journal gave him every single reason to." I turn to Elena. "By the way, he read your journal. I don't know if you knew that already," I tell her, and she nods.

"I know, and I wrote about you in my journal. I'm sorry," she apologizes.

I nod. "I know."

"He's just hurt. He's confused." Stefan tries to reassure making me look at him.

"He's never gonna forgive us for Vicki. For taking away his memory, for lying to him." Elena shakes her head.

"He's your brother. He'll forgive both of you. Just give him some time," Stefan says, and I nod.

~~~

Evelyn

I tap Bonnie on her shoulder, making her turn around.

"Hey." I smile awkwardly.

"Hey," she replies.

"I just wanted to say thank you again." I smile.

"You don't have to thank me." She shakes her head.

"I do. That device could have killed us, and you took the power away. So thank you." Bonnie smiles and nods. "Do you think we could hang out again like we used to? I miss you. But if you still need time, I get that too." She stays quiet, and I nod before walking away.

I feel a hand on my shoulder, making me turn around. Bonnie hugs me, and I stand there shocked for a second before hugging back. "Thank you for giving me the space that I needed, and I'm sorry," she says.

"It's okay, I understand why you needed space." She shakes her head.

"I'm sorry," she apologizes again, but it sounds like she's apologizing for something else. Before I can ask why she's sorry, she lets go of me and quickly walks away.

~~~

Evelyn walks into the grill, sees Elena and Damon talking, then looks around, noticing Jeremy sitting by himself, and walks over to him.

"Hey Jer, I was wondering where you were. You looked great today, and the float you guys did was great too," she says awkwardly, trying to get him to talk to her.

"Go away, Evelyn," he stated in annoyance.

"Please, just talk to me. I don't want it to be like this with either of us. I'm sorry for not telling you anything about Vicki and that you found out by reading Elena's journal. Please talk to me or Elena." He shakes his head.